Winter Detail: 2009 Audi A3 2.0T S-Line - Grey

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by m4gician, Jan 7, 2010.

1. m4gician

m4gician Birth of a Detailer

Hey guys,

Nice to see you all again. Like many Canadian detailers, I was hibernating for the winter. However, I put together a winter detailing strategy that revoles around: 1) ONR and 2) Portable heaters.

Anyways, I got the chance again to detail a phenomenal new car, a car that now that I'm a working new grad, want to be able to buy soon, a 2009 Audi A3 2.0T with the S-line package in a wonderful Grey Pearl colour. This car came to me with winter stains, salt stains, and very minor swiriling. The owner himself being a very nice guy, wanted this car to look nice with some correction.

So I did it, in record time too, I tried to avoid using water because of the possibility of it freezing or anything like that.

Products Used
    Wash
    - ONR with Mitt + Gritt Guard

Clay
    - Riccardo Yellow Clay with ONR based lube
    Wheels
    - Tires with ARO + Car Wash Soap cut with water
    - Meguairs Hot Shine Tire Shine
    - Exhaust tips polished with Blue Magic Metal Polishing Cream
    Polish
    - XMT360
    LSP
    - Klasse Sealant Glaze

Before:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

During:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I bet it was clean for 5 minutes!

3. m4gician

before he drove it home? I hate to say I probably agree...but it now has a good coat of sealant on it, as well no more embedded dirt in the paint I guess. If I could do it again, I would, it was a lot of fun. Sorry, P1et, I have to ask, what exactly are you saying?

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

nice work though. at least it wont be soo bad the next time it needs to be clean, and has some protection on it.

winter is so harsh on cars.

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Nice work on a beatiful car! Gotta love german cars!

6. MuttGrunt

MuttGrunt Birth of a Detailer

great job for showing those folks in the South that northern guys can detail through anything. Cleaned up quite nice!

7. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Nice job on the cleanup. I've been using Klasse SG for years and it is always reliable!

8. m4gician

What I'm going to do as a follow up, is apply another coat some other time. The car itself is beautiful, and actually makes me want to trade up haha. Customer was great too, hopefully it warms up enough that I can just bring a bucket with ONR, my UDM with Klasse. I'll notify my Cx and let him know.

9. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Great job, it cleaned up really well!

10. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

I'm not familiar with the XMT products but have you tried Klass AIO before SG? I've used that successfully for long lasting protection.

11. m4gician

of course I have, klasse is one of my first products when I started a few years ago. I used XMT360 because it appears to have a bit more bite for correcting the very minor swirling I saw there. Plus I like the smell a little more, smells like bubble gum haha.

12. richy

richy Guest

Aaron..nice job on the Audi! Did you find the Riccardo was not very pliable with the cold weather? If so, if you haven't tried my trick of warming it (or any clay for that matter) in the microwave does WONDERS for it...just an FYI bud....and nice to see some work from you on here too!

13. m4gician

Thanks Richy! I learned the Riccardo trick the hard way when I clayed a car earlier this winter, lol. I did it as a guess for a few seconds to heat it up. I tried that, and running it under hot water, lol.

Heh, did you see the clay though? That was a new piece lol.