Windshield Waterspot Removal?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by TimAD, Sep 7, 2011.

1. TimAD

TimAD Jedi Nuba

I have a windshield which after several attempts of clay bar, wash and IPA wipedown won't let go of it's etched in waterspots.

My best educated guess is that it'll need some form of machine polishing to fully remove them. What steps would i need to take in order to do this? I've never polished out glass before.

2. Lucci Elite Detail

Lucci Elite Detail DB Forum Supporter

Gluten Free Tim call me I'll tell ya

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

MK IV waterspot removal, or ProCar makes some good stuff, but Ive used Menz Powergloss with an orange pad.........

4. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Check out Dylan@Adams thread on a the haggered F-350, that thing had some severe water spots, he polished them out as well. I had a friend who just bought a nissan rouge and the underground parking where he was storing it had a leaky pipe was dropping rust all over the rear end of the car and the rear window. I had to polish it, even Meg's aggressive didn't do squat.

5. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I've had decent results with DP glass restoring polish (or whatever it's called) on a flat orange pad.

6. TimAD

TimAD Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the input guys! I'll give it a shot with a Tangerine Hydrotech and Powerfinish.

I'll keep you posted on the results

7. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

CG WaterSpot remover should do the trick... Hasnt let me down yet!!!

[​IMG]

8. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

I just used this today on my bro's Accord. He has some very bad waterspots this removed it easily. The smell is not pleasant but it beats vinegar any day of the week.

9. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

powergloss? PF may not be enough, maybe try SIP........ if that does not work PG, but basically most water spot removers are diluted muratic acid. Good luck

10. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

Water spot remover and then chemical polish first to remove the minerals on top of the surface. Then if needed a mechanical abrasive glass polish like AG or NG Nu-glass and hope that it is enough to remove any light etching.

Danase Pure polish removes water spots easily. Poorboy's World Professional Polish is a similar

11. shoman

shoman Virgin Detailer

It may sound crazy, but I've had good luck with #0000 steel wool.....just be ABSOLUTELY SURE not to drift off your glass and onto any other surfaces!!