Windows help!!!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Alex1389, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Alex1389

Alex1389 Two Bucket System Washer

Need help with streak free windows, currently using prima hydro (I think thats what its called lol) and the uber glass cloth and dont seem to be yielding good results.

2. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

I spray onto towel and have 2nd towel to dry with, not to much product on towel wipe in squares, starting on outside edge of glass working way to center, repeat with dry towel. hope this helps, i use invisle glass cleaner.

3. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

two towels for sure. the key is less products and wiping/buffing dry. i get sprayway at home depot

4. Will

Will Any Rag Vehicle Washer

The key is two towels and minimal product.

- Spray product lightly on window
    - Wipe with a microfiber cloth
    - Buff with a glass towel (Phil sells great towels btw, you just need two)

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

One thing is make sure you always wash your glass mf separate as I find that they can get some gunk on them and cause issues. This is one reason I have switched to glass paper towels.

Primo Hydro is not a glass cleaner, Clarity is there glass cleaner.

6. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

We find that the Chemical Guys Window Clean is one of the best, we use it with a glass mf towel that has no threads cut(hard to describe), no lint, virtually no streaks, we even wash our 16' long clean room glass wall with one towel and CG Window Clean and streak free results.

7. Mike Lambert

Mike Lambert Birth of a Detailer

I have become a big fan of the glass towels from carpro. No cleaner needed just water, I follow with surgical towel. Works great for me

8. richy

richy Guest

I agree. They will cut that annoying haze that shows up at dusk that you thought you cleaned with other methods. I did a review on them.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

9. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet Jedi Nuba

I have good luck with either 1Z Schlibenklar or Sonax. Like everyone else, I use two towels, the second for getting any haze off. I wipe side to side on the interior and up and down on the outside of the windshield. That way I know if my streaks are on the inside or outside.

10. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

I've personally find a steam/vapor cleaner to be produce the cleanest windows. Not something you do on the fly, but something when you are doing a thorough interior and exterior cleaning.

11. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

+1 for sprayway. Two towels for me too. First a uber glass towel then a gp micofiber towel for haze/streak removal.