Window Tint Question

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by spencer785, Oct 21, 2009.

1. spencer785

spencer785 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hi there I got my windows tinted on Monday and waited the 24 hours before rolling down the windows and they look fine just really dirty. How long until should i wait before cleaning the window 4 days should be fine right like Friday or what thanks.

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

2-3 days should be fine. I cleaned mine as soon as I got home after having my windows retinted. I didn't roll them down for 4 days though...

3. spencer785

the place were i got my tint done said wait 24 hours so i did and the guy is suppose to be one the best tinters in Canada. And i mean clean the inside is that what u meant or did u mean the outside. My windows are really dirty and there are smudges and grease streaks and I want to make sure its on the tint and not the window so I can clean them. Samething happened last time i got them tinted because my windows always have streaked and stuff.

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I cleaned them INSIDE and OUTSIDE as soon as I got home.

5. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

As long as you use a window tint safe cleaner you shud be fine. Anything with ammonia will ruin the tint

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

You rebel. You probably run with scissors as well, don't you! LOL

7. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Outside as soon as I got home, waited 2-3 days to clean the inside...

It really depends on the time of year, if it is a hot ass day and not very humid it bakes that tint on right away....

8. spencer785

so how long do u guys think i should wait until i clean the inside. Its been 2 days and its currently 14 C or 60 F. I waited 24 hours like the guy said said until rolling down windows and they look good clear with very little bubbles to no bubbles. But its just driving me crazy because when i put the windows down on the top there really dirty and want to make sure its not under the tint. Thanks

9. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Just clean the damn things!

10. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

I would have cleaned them after the 24hr period.

11. spencer785

okay i cleaned them earlier and all the marks came off except one fingerprint kind do u guys think i should take it back and get them to redo it or is there usually one mark on the tint somewhere every time.

12. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

take it back. believe me it will bother you and there really shouldnt be any defects like that.

13. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

I think they say to park the car outside in the sun to help expidite the water to evaporate.

14. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Take it back.... always take it back sooner than later....

15. spencer785

I heard if u cant see it from 4 feet its fine or something like that is that true

16. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

If I can see it while I'm driving I take it back... cause every time I drive it's all I see...

17. spencer785

so im going to phone tomorrow to get it redone, just wondering on both of my front windows there is a long scratch on the very top of the window but you can only see it in direct sunlight and its still hard to see then. Could this be from them removing the old tint or what do u guys think. I also think i might go for limo tint instead of 20% that I have now is it okay to limo tint over factory tinted rear windows.

18. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Does the scratch follow the line of the top edge of the tint line? If so Id say he used too much pressure when trimming the lead edge and damaged the window. Sounds like with the trouble youve had hes sure not one of the best tint guys in Canada...........

Your fine to tint over factory tint.

19. spencer785

the scratch is near the top of the window when it rolled up. and i know i kind of regret going to him and hes sure not acting like hes one of the best .

20. spencer785

im going back to the tint place tomorrow do u guys think i should mention the top of window scratch to him even tho is really really hard to see during day. And do u guys think i should just keep the 20% up front or go for 5% limo all the way around.