Wicked Lighting

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by richy, Oct 31, 2007.

1. richy

richy Guest

I bought these about a month ago and finally got around to installing them. OMG, what a difference!! I had 2 100W (incandescent rated) or 22W CFL rated bulbs which was as powerful as I could buy..so I thought. My friend turned me on to these. They're big (12 in long) and very powerful (150W CFL, 400W equivalent) and a very high colour temp (6500) which makes it seem like high noon...no kidding, it hurts your eyes to look at them. I can't believe the difference in lighting.

Where to buy:
    http://www.topbulb.com/find/Product_Description.asp_Q_intProductID_E_49655

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Damn Richy, those are quite the lights! I'd hate to have them though, the imperfections they would show in my pait would drive me insane!

3. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

wow now those are lights. very cool

4. richy

richy Guest

I think it will show the dimple in the ass of a fly!!

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

How much did shipping cost you?

6. richy

richy Guest

Sneek..the shipping's very reasonable..for U.S. destinations, it's $7.00, for Canada, it's $10... And that was with 5 bulbs in the order, which is cool, you can team up and order from them..that's what I did. I even had it shipped USPS/CANADA POST which took 2.5 weeks and cost $27. in taxes upon delivery..for about $120 in product.

7. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

LOL Don't tell me that we should do a group buy for these :rollinglaugh:

8. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

NICE! Thanks for showing me these, I could use these for the garage it's really dim!

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice lights there richy...man only two and look how bright it looks.

I too will be upgrading my lights in my garage, the T8's just aren't cutting it anymore, need a brighter lights. I got the lights just waiting for the fixtures to arrive, I'm going to have to replace the current fixtures as they can't handle the lights I received...stay tuned for it.

I think you need two more hahahaha so you can whear shades while polishing hahahahaha

Thanks for sharing buddy, by the way nice rims :righton: and a very clasy vehicles :thumb: although I can't really make out the second SUV, what is it? Lexus? Head lights give me the impresion of Lexus.

Oh by the way the floor, did you use the EPOXY on it by any chance. I purchased the kits of EPOXY to do my floor in the garage but I'm thinking I'm just gong to tile it instead (those inter locking tiles that is), haven't made up my mind just yet, I've also seen a liner at Costco that you lay on the floor.

10. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

hmmm, it doesn't look like a lexus. I think the RX's have flat roofs with the side rails. I want to say it is a Pacifica, but I dont think it is. I give up..what is it? By the look of the head lamp it is a slightly higher end SUV.

11. richy

richy Guest

Carlos..thanks man..I thought you would appreciate the lighting given the grow-op quality of lights you got going there..hahaha..as to the floor, it is epoxy..and I hate it!! It looked great for a few months and then started to lift where the tires were, and then it spread like cancer. I have heard about the Cosco stuff, but haven't gone to look at it yet. I need to do something, but it will be next year's project. If I get lots of jobs, no problem. I need something durable b/c I do oil changes too so it needs to be something I can clean up easily. The 2nd vehicle is a Pacifica. I just did her car 2 weeks ago with SIP, orange pad, Rotary and then 601/105 combo followed by AW. Very smooth finish now. It's been a decent car, no problems. It's bigger than my FX, so it's what we use to travel..I even have a Thule for the roof!

12. richy

richy Guest

Yup..you know your cars! It's a Pacifica.

13. Calgarydetail

im wondering if you applied the epoxy wrong, not to be a jerk however i was looking (and still am) into doing it in my garage, its very picky. I talked to the guy at the store and he wasy saying even 10 minutes off on something can cause it to lift.

Im not saying you did do it wrong, im just saying its possible.

either way, what are you going to go with next time

14. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:D Car's are like grown up Pokemon. You want to know about everyone and get them all. :D

haha, I can see it now. The cops start checking out Nica's bank accounts and see lots of money spent on light bulbs. haha, come to investigate...find find him shaking in his garage detailing a car.

PS: I really want that Costco flooring, but my costco got rid of it. :(

15. Calgarydetail

nice i love how you pulled out a pokamon analagy.. very cool of you lol :boxing:

16. Nica

Nica Banned

Yup, I do appreciate some good lighting. It's amazing the difference it makes when detailing hahaha get this, two of my neighbors have come over asking me if I painted vehicle in my garage :rollinglaugh: I asked what made them think I paint vehicles, one said "..because the amount of vehicles that are in and out of my garage" the other one sayd "because of the amount of lights I have in my garage, at night it glows" hahahahaha :rollinglaugh: As for the grow up comment I'm waiting for a cop to come knock on my door :rollinglaugh: actually my little girls piano instructor's husband is a police officer, I told him all about my garage and he just laughs, he told me that one of these days he would come nock on my garage door hahahaha

As for the floor, yea I've seen alot of EPOXY go wrong. Sparkie, did it in his garage and he gave me some good tips on how to do it properly (no disrespect intended my friend). Sparkie was telling me that EPOXY is a bit high maintenance, the floor must be preped properly in order for it to bond....oh and most importantly the temperature has to be just right, heat is not a big deal it's the humidity that ruines it...well at least that's what my home boy Sparkie told me plus I read a few posts about it.

As for the vehicle, they both look great. You need to have a good size vehicle to take the family on trips, I learned that fast with my family. That's why I got an SUV.

Let me know what you choose to go with next, I've been looking in to a few options, I still wouldn't mind doing the EPOXY bu the curing time is minimum 7days...maybe 10 becuase of our climate...not much humidity but it's just so dry and weather fluxuates so much. I'd rather lay that stuff from Costo but even that stuff I'm not sure about....almost seems like Vynol you lay and that's it....it seems practical but I don't know it's durability.

If I find anything worthy I'll share it with you bro.

17. richy

richy Guest

I did the floor about 4 years ago. I don't remember how humid it was, but it's very humid here in the summer. That could be it. At hte time, I followed all hte instructions to a "T". I even had the rep come out and he couldn't advise of what the problem could be. I need to investigate the matter further. I just don't want to have to invest huge $$ to do it. Any links to products would be appreciated. I have seen some tiles from race deck and so on..need to keep looking.

18. Nica

Nica Banned

Will do richy, will do :thumb:

19. eShine

eShine Guest

I can picture the FBI thinking you are running a grow-op. hehe.