why does everyone hates lexol?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by xxterxx, Oct 21, 2010.

1. xxterxx

xxterxx Any Rag Vehicle Washer

okay been reading a few reviews on Lexol cleaner and conditioner... lots of people say its greasy and smell like goat piss , then again my friend gave me some so yeah i would give it a try.. why not..

i have been using Z9 and Z10 previously...

the Z9 is almost useless...cant get rid of stains i had on the leather seats... and it stains black leather when it dries up.. ( i hate it )

the Z10 has very 'unique' smell , more like cheap 10 dollar handbag smell than anything 'new car' in my honest opinion , and the worst part , after application it will STAIN black leather seats and you need to rebuff again and again will u gave up and in the end use a wet towel to clean the stains...

okay back to Lexol...

the cleaner is awesome... one spray... with a warm damp towel , starts to foam up and cleans up really well... theres a stain on my backseat which i have given up cleaning using my Z9 but it whips it right off by the Lexol!

and the conditioner , i was very very worried this would smell shitty , i took a whiff off the bottle , hm not too bad at all ! in fact it smells like my buddy's continental GT 'new car' smell , a little woody smell .

i applied it thinly with my sponge applicator , evens out perfectly , i didnt even buff it off i left it to dry overnight. No stains , no weird smell , noting whatsoever just leather feeling soft and supple with a hint of woody smell .

lexol is my new choice , but im tempted to try leather masters or gliptone , not going back to Z9 and Z10 again i think they are way overrated.

just my 2 cents

2. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Lexol twins are great for leather care.

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I never liked Z-9 in a first place...It's like cheap APC, and is not worth it...as far as Z-10, it's not bad, I never used it on black leather though...
    Lexol - cleaner is quite nice, veing a gel it can really clean. I'm not a big fan of conditioner. It conditions fine, but leaves leather sticky for a few days. This is why I stopped using it. There are otehr fine choices of leather care, such as Raceglaze leather twins, Leather master, Leatherique, Gloss It.

4. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I smelled a bottle, got some on my hands, and disliked it. There are better fake leather smells.

5. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

lexol isn't supposed to smell like leather. It was meant for the equestrian industry and softened, uncoated leather.

6. yakky

yakky Two Bucket System Washer

I agree with you 100% on the smell of Z10. I really dislike that product, the look and smell are total turnoffs. I do like the lexol cleaner but the conditioner is not well suited to modern leather IMO. The leathermasters stuff is my favorite right now, but I also like 1Z.

7. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I got a good deal on SCG Voodoo Blend Leather Rejuvenator so what I like to do is, pre-clean the leather with SCG Dash Away or 1Z Cockpit Premium. Then I apply the Voodoo Blend with an applicator pad, let it sit overnight. Then the next morning I wipe the leather down again with the SCG Dash Away to remove any excess/greasiness. I don't like buffing off the Voodoo Blend without using a cleaner because it still feels greasy and has too strong of a leather smell.

This method works very well for me and the coated/finished leather I deal with, but it's not necessarily a process you pro detailers would be happy with.

8. sacdetailing

sacdetailing Virgin Detailer

Who ever said it smells like a goat piss must be high on crystal meth. Yeah, you know how it smells like? it smells like a new leather who ever never smalled a new leather wouldnt know ofcourse. It leaves a greasy feel like which i dont really ike, just use hot water and microfiber and it will feel better.

9. supercharged

In all my life I never had the "pleasure" to smell goat's piss...:applause2::yikes::gross:

10. JPerrydore

JPerrydore Birth of a Detailer

I actually have a bottle of the Lexol cleaner and conditioner that I haven't even opened yet. I haven't had a chance to detail any cars recently that had leather interior. I may have to just clean my girlfriends car so I can use it!

11. sacdetailing

sacdetailing Virgin Detailer

it doesn't smell like that lol. it smells like a new leather and its actually an ok product. use it all the time, but who ever want to do something serious, use leatherque-this is the best thing i have ever used, EVER! (make sure your leather is not coated, drip a lil bit of water on your seat and if it goes inside leather its not coated, if it doesnt, then its coated.

12. supercharged

Leatherique does work better+pristine clean can remove that sticky feeling afterwards...Very time consuming though...

13. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

I love Lexol cleaner foams up nice, cleans well, and has no odor.
    Lexol Conditioner is okay, but it does leave a stickey feel. Raceglaze leather balm is much better and smells amazing. Every vehicle I use raceglaze in the customer comments on how it actually smells new again.

14. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

It's not that Lexol is bad - it's just that it's not that good. The cleaner is too soapy IMHO, I can use a diluted APC like Majesctics Tidal Wave or just Woolite and water and get better results. Lexol conditioner is just plain smelly and tacky. But if you like it then use it, I'm just stating my opinion.