why are some people so angry?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by invaderzim, Nov 28, 2012.

1. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

Without going into many details, part of my job involves customer service. It is just a couple people total working here so my job also involves a ton of other duties that take me away from the phone so sometimes customer have to leave a message. A bit of other information, what we sell are not critical products in just about every case. They are fun things just purchased just for fun.

So it just always amazes me when people leave messages that are just so angry and filled with, for lack of a better word, hate. I know it is frustrating trying to get a hold of a live person sometimes but in all reality we are an internet business.... email us..... text us.... or if you have to speak to someone just leave a quick message. What really amazes me though is most times those people don't actually have a problem with something we've done, they just want to ask a question or school us on what we are doing wrong or not doing. So why the hate?

What can these people be like in person to take the time to call and leave an angry message and state that they don't want a call back, that they are just calling to tell us how stupid we are for not having someone there at the split second they called to answer their call.
    They will take the time to look up how to contact us for nothing more than to school us on how we lost their business because???

In all reality I can see someone being frustrated if they have a problem with something we've done for them, and I sympathize but to take time out of their day to call for nothing more than to say we are blankity, blank blanks for not selling something they want or not shipping to what country they want it shipped or something else similar just baffles me.

I appreciate input on things that people think could be improved but I've never once in my life thought about calling a company to tell them I didn't like something about their site or how they do things. And certainly couldn't imagine doing it with bile rising up in my throat like I was talking to the scum of the earth. I just move on to the next place.
    I guess I can just go on with my day being happy I don't have that outlook on life.

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Frustrations in this country are running high, and its so much easier to project those "issues" onto others verus dealing with them in a proper manner............

3. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

There are many Jimmies that are rustled in this time and age of "I want everything 5 minutes ago." I am still amazed when I hear people complain that their cell phone takes 25 seconds(!) to boot up, or that the internet connection is not 100% and ultra high speed in between stations in the subway.

People also simply give themselves permission to be mean/angry/a plain old ass, just because they can be anonymous over the phone/email/text. I eel for you since I was in customer service until about 2 months ago.

4. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

Because people are unintelligent, and have nothing better to do with their lives than to bitch at people for something that they can't control.

5. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

I blame the internet, social networking, as well as cell phones and texting (especially smart phones) that consume many people's lives.

Alot of this stuff was invented to make communication better, more effective, and to make life more convenient, but some people take this shit way too seriously and it negatively effects their life and their attitude towards day-to-day tasks and activities.

6. Cooter

Cooter DB Forum Supporter

Its easier to cause a problem instead of fixing it. People are so ready to get pissed off now days.

7. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

I go though this everyday at work and I'm not even in CS. Knowing what it feels like to be a CSR, I never yell at them and always show respect and be courteous to them. If people are nice to me about things, I go the extra mile for them. If you're an asshole, good luck.

8. Kilo6_one

I always laugh at the people at the grocery store that get mad at the clerk their checks bounce " I swear it has 10,000 in there" or some off the wall response...........
    Why are you getting mad at the clerk? They are just pushing buttons and have nothing to do with your checking account.

9. RZJZA80

RZJZA80 Two Bucket System Washer

It's far easier to point the finger at someone else than it is to point it at yourself.

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Nine out of ten times it has nothing to do with the person they are yelling at. They have bigger issues in their lives and are just taking it out on you.

11. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

I think a big part of the problem is people's feeling of entitlement. Kids feel like they are entitled to to everything and they never grow out of it in adulthood. They feel like everybody owes them shit when really nobody owes them anything. I never had even a small fraction of the stuff kids have nowadays, but I feel like I had a better childhood without needing anything that is store bought. But then again, I'm not from the US so I grew up around a completely different culture and people. From my observation here, people are much more rude and uneducated for the most part if you're talking about the common average person.

12. Kilo6_one

Oh absolutley, when you have your government basically saying "its ok not to work, its ok not to be responsible, its ok not to pay for your own" then of course people are just going to say who cares, everyone else is doing it.

That is a big big issue these days, lack of respect for authority, lack of respect for your country, fellow citizens and yourself. No sense of community, No sense of Pride either.
    Its almost embarrassing.

Go on any other internet chat room and people talk shit hiding behind their keyboards all day with total anonymity. They drive that way, sort of explains the road rage. I went with a deputy friend of mine the other day in an unmarked car, its amazing the bullshit you see and what people do when they think they are not being watched.

It is no longer the "me generation" its the "gimmie generation"

Starts in the home too, horrible parenting skills these days, parents use schools, malls, parks just to dump their kids without any real thought to anything else.