who to order from?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Calgarydetail, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

ok so there is a list of products I want. not all vendors have the ones im looking for bt i dont really want to order from 5 or 6 vendors.
    I was wondering how you decide who to order from? Do you base it on customer service, product selection, price, location, or other reason?

Also anyone in calgary. I plan on making an order soon, if you want to add somthing let me know. Once i decide who im ordering with i will let you know

2. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I like eshine a lot. George from thedetailingshop is a really nice guy as well. What are you looking for? If you want a UDM shoot me a PM. Anything in particular that you are looking for? I can help you get some "harder to get Meguiar's things if you need.

3. Calgarydetail

thanks pat,

im not looking for a udm, i have 3 buffers, i cant justify a fourth, even thought i want one

as for products im looking for

gell whell cleaner (i have about 2 litres left but might as ell add it)
    some new pads for my pc
    one of those new drying clothes, the ones that are like big buffing clothes (ocd sells them)
    an ex brush
    a few more buffing clothes (i always throw in a few so i have some when needed)
    lexxol- i want to try it
    menzerna polish-- ohh yeah which to get? i dont know which on is which

and whatever else that catches my eye that is sold by the vendor...

the stores im looking at orderin from are

ocdgarage (has everything, great price, great service0
    eshine- i really like chris but he dosent have evetything
    autogeek- im getting kinda sick of ago, i would like to shop around but then again i know aG has ALMOSt evertything and has great service.

So i dunno.. im kinda torn of who to ordr with.. i always seem to find somthing I like from each vendor.
    i just ordered from victoria wax so i dont want to order from 2 more places

4. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Lexol can be ordered from CT. The cleaner isn't anything special, or maybe I am using it wrong, but I followed the instructions on their website. The conditioner is really something else. I would say it is on par with some really expensive stuff. You can also get smaller bottles of Lexol at Lammles (boot place/western wear). If you can get your hands on Ultimate Wipes, they are amazing towels! The rest of the stuff you can get from carcaresmart. The brush you might be able to get at a bike shop. Carcaresmart for pads, wheeel gel and the drying towel. Menzerna is avalable at carcaresmart as well, but their selection is limited. I think the one everyone is raving about is 106FF. The detailing shop has everything as well, but their pad selection is very limited.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

I used to think the same thing, so what I did is I gave Chris my list of things I wanted and he came through. He got everything I wanted from the list lol..took him a bit to gather everything I wanted but anything you want Chris can get.....trust me if he can satisfy me he can satisfy just about anyone lol...no matter what it is lol.

6. Calgarydetail

hmm i may have to look into this, im in no real rush to get the products.. well i would like the drying towel and ez brush soon but no real need... so did you call him or just shoot him and e-mail/

also not that it matters but was there a huge markup or was it nice and fair?

7. Nica

Nica Banned

I try to do all interactions via e-mail, that way I have it writen down and easy for me to reference in the future. Nope, no huge markup it was all fair and reasonable.