Who does the best "no limits" detail?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by dsms, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

This is purely subjective but I thought it would be interesting to see how you guys felt about some of the recent "no limits" type details which have been posted by 2 very prominant detailers.

When I say no limits I am referring to a detail where absolutely no area of the car is overlooked and the finest care is taken to the utmost extreme

2 competitors come to mind.

1 - Todd Helme @ Bella Macchina: The Bella Firma detail

La Bella Firma, Round Two. 50 hours on a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder (330 pics, long) - Autopia.org

2 - Clark @ Polished Bliss (UK): The Ne Plus Ultra detail

Polished Bliss: Lamborghini Gallardo - Ne Plus Ultra (TM) - Detailing World

Remember this is just subjective but who's top work do you think is more exclusive? Lets keep it in good fun and civil please, just state your opinion and reasoning. We are not here to argue!

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I've always liked Clark's methods. That white looks awesome.

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

What about Ryan?

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Clark, hands down. And don't forget about VXRMarc!!!

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I don't think there is a clear winner here. Both of these guys do amazing things and we should all just be thankful we can learn from them. The good thing is they are both young and will be thrilling us with unbelievable works for years to come.

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

true that! I seen his 30 day detail.

7. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

True, the work on his Astra was top notch... he did have a little help from PD though.

8. P1et

PD? Paintless DENT removal?

OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:chips:

9. Niyo

Niyo Virgin Detailer

between the two.....

IMO Clark

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Dude, how can you forget his name? Paul Dalton, who we recon, world's best car cleaner. Almost every day he is cleaning an Enzo, or a Zonda...:graduation:

11. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

aaahhhh, I used to watch that video daily, I might have a man crush :leghumper:

12. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

Todd is the best IMHO. :headbang:

13. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

I tend to agree with this. Brutally honest when he posts, so a few are turned off by him, but his work is second to none IMO. I would love to see him work in person.

The UK guys are great, too, but some of the things they do can be a bit quirky.

14. P1et

You know I was just messing around mate!

:sorry:

15. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

I won't get into this debate, but yes he works on nice cars, but that doesn't mean he is the best. One things for sure, he is a phenomenal marketer.

16. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I give him tons of credit for turning his name into a brand. People who know nothing about auto detailing know of a guy in the UK who charges 5k for a detail, that is impressive marketing right there. In that regard I think he has done great things for himself and the trade of detailing but you cannot overlook the the work which is delivered by the two men I listed earlier and dozens more both in the UK and US.

17. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Exactly. Most people don't even know his name, but they know how much he gets paid.

I'm most definitely not overlooking the work that these guys have done. I'm friends with Todd and have had the pleasure to work with him, so I'm a little biased. I haven't worked with the other guys or spoke to them, but it shows in their work that they have a genuine passion for what they do. Todd is very passionate about his work and takes great pride in it. It was a pleasure and learning experience to work with him. There are many "greats" on the boards, and I think you would be hard pressed to pick one "best". I greatly admire the work that the those guys do and the fact that most of them are very willing to help and teach the rest of us. There are a lot of people that can learn the techniques to detail a vehicle to these levels, but I think it takes a true passion to turn out the work that these guys do.

18. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

I think what Paul has done could be similiar to Trump. Tons of hype. Which in the business world is just as crucial if not more than the actual product (ie McDonalds).

The one thing he is not taking advantage of is branching out. Just think if he certified detailers and made money off them all over the world. He'll never make the amount of money being a one man show as he could if he figured out how to serve more people with less time.

But then again Id be happy with 100k+ a year.:shrug:

19. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

He cant do that because its not "his work". People pay how every many thousands for Paul's work, a certified detailer branched out from Miracle Detail will not demand the price or get the customers Paul does. Its like wanting SV divine and getting concourso.

20. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Todd's work is amazing. I was very fortunate to learn how to use a rotary from him. An all day session with him was amazing. I can't tell you the things I learned. :worship2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.