White pearl dressing

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by cleanfiend, Jan 27, 2010.

1. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

has anyone tried using tropicare/showroom fx on trim?

if so, how does it compare to a product like CG fade 2 black

thanks for any shared experiences

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have used it on my trim and looks great. It leaves a nice deep shine close to Megs Trim Detailer Spray (similar to f2b). Last longer I think as well.

3. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

I use the white pearl on my trim on my 3series. perfect amount of shine vs F2B which is glossier.

4. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

Is showroom fx the only place where i can buy white pearl? $13 for shipping kinda kills the deal

5. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

yea its the only place to get it.

6. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

Are there any coupon codes out for showroom fx? Im trying to lessen the impact of $15 dollars shipping for a gallon of this stuff and a WW towel

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

No, none that I know of.

8. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

well at least its still cheaper than swissvax pneu :crash:

9. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

and one more question about this dressing, i think ive read in the past about them switching the formulation or something to that effect and people not liking it. Is the current formulation the one that everybody is happy with?

10. Minicoop831

Minicoop831 Birth of a Detailer

Check the tropicare thread on what products are good I think it was started by supercharged, in the thread there is a 10% of code that works

EDIT: the code is 10offtc

11. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

The one your order on the website is the original version.

There is a version 2, but you have to specifically ask for it. It's like a thick cream. I had him make a gallon of it for me for trim only. Because of its thickness it's perfect for dressing trim as you will not get any run what so ever. Perfect for a foam brush

12. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

expired on 12/9/09, but thanks for your help. I might just go ahead and pay the full price.
    The price is a deal as far as dressings go

13. Minicoop831

Ask dust2glory he knows if there is any codes he the man to talk to about tropicare/showroomfx

14. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I talked to the owner about this, and honestly the prices now vs. when it was tropi-care are far greater then a 10% discount. Shipping sucks, but that's no one's fault but gas prices and inflation.

When you ship, the cheapest ways are either usps or fedex ground. He uses UPS and USPS.

15. Minicoop831

True, the prices are better now and the tire shine is worth every penny