White paint and my tiny orange friends

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Meticulous-Detail, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

So I am familiar with my little tiny orange friends that love to stick to my white Durango and have owned previous white vehicles with the same issue. I know IronX and clay will remove them and I just did this process about a month and a half ago on my Durango. I then sealed with 501/601 and topped with D156. So today I wash my silver Charger and white Durango after 3 snow storms in NYC. The Charger also had the same process done a month and a half ago. The Charger was a breeze, cleaned up nicely and then I topped with D156. The Durango was starting to turn black, last wash was 3 weeks ago and it was filthy. After a really good wash with DG901 my little orange friends are back. So my question is why do they keep coming back so soon and stick to the paint even though I have a coat of DG501/601 topped with D156 after every wash? Will a coating prevent them from adhering to the paint? This is just a big PIA, it was only a month and a half ago I had the paint free and clear of all contaminants and looking whiter then white.

2. MGEVOX

MGEVOX New Member

Low dust brake pads? I can't say about the coating you would probably answer that better than I.

3. Meticulous-Detail

It's brand new so not going to do brakes just yet, but that would probably help. I have many different LSP's and haven't found any that can prevent my orange friends from sticking to the paint. They don't come off with just a wash, but a cleaner wax usually removes them. Summer, Spring and Fall not too bad, but Winter with snow and salt and they appear on the lower front and rear body panels and rear hatch. Makes sense with all the road debris hitting the lower panels and dual exhaust going straight out the back below the rear hatch.

4. Meticulous-Detail

Bump, would a coating make a difference

5. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

I see this happening on cars that sit out at the train station. I believe what you are seeing is rusting metal fall out. My buddy has a white Audi A6 and a white Avalanche. Both are left at the station on a regular basis. Iron X and clay know if out really fast but it does re-appear. He does not use a coating so I cannot comment on that;

6. ModernBlue9

ModernBlue9 New Member

Hyde's Rust Stopper was something a member on another forum recommended for using on your rotors after a wash. They always rust up really bad right after and no doubt some of that makes it to your paint.