Which wash would you wash with? (5x fast)

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by 68Stang, Apr 27, 2009.

1. 68Stang

68Stang Birth of a Detailer

Ok, so I'm looking for a maintenance shampoo and I'm kind of at a loss as to which to pick.

I currently have CWG in 16oz for when the car has been in a pig pen or when I feel the need to strip and start over. I have considered CWC but seeing as it is essentially CWG minus the gloss, I feel like I would be killing one bird with two stones. I'm sure its a great wash, but sometimes I have the desire for more suds and that would require a stronger concentration which in turn would surely strip any LSP on the car.

Being a CG fan boy, I am currently debating between Maxi Suds II and Extreme Body Wash. The gloss provided by the Body Wash would seem to be a nice bonus, but the addition of gloss agents left on the surface would probably interfere with the application of a wax or sealant after the wash, and I tend to apply after every wash (it's my moment of Zen). Using this logic, it would seem as though the Maxi Suds would leave my LSP intact allowing me to build layers with no interference. Maybe I've made up my mind, lol. Either way, which would be your pick?

2. 68Stang

D'oh, thought I had put this under washing and claying. Somebody want to punt this over there for me?

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I wasn't a fan of Maxisuds II in the bucket, it didn't have enough lubrication. I use it strictly for my foam cannon. What about Duragloss soap?

4. cheeseenlo

cheeseenlo Birth of a Detailer

I didn't like Maxisuds II either. I just ordered a gallon of the CWC but haven't had time to try it yet. Duragloss soap is really good stuff. Works well in the foam gun and in the bucket.

5. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I use Eagle One Car Wash as I bought 5 gallons worth when it was on sale....

6. wise 85

wise 85 Virgin Detailer

Optimum car wash is hard to beat.

7. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

For maintenance I like P21s and Z7.

8. 68Stang

I've thought about the Duragloss. Maybe I'm weird but I like to order everything from one place and have it all show up at the same time. I guess I could always go back to Gold Class as you can find it everywhere, and its not bad.

9. richy

richy Guest

I ordered a 5 gal pail of the DG soap last year. When I want to strip the LSP or when the customer's car is a pig pen, I add an ounce or so of ZEP Citrus cleaner to my foam gun along with the DG..that seems to do the trick for me. The Zep is an inexpensive, yet very good APC that AL-53 turned many of us onto here at DB.

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

5 gallon pail, dude, that's a lot!!!

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

The Duragloss 901/902 is hard to beat. My favorite shampoo to date.

12. lamby

lamby Birth of a Detailer

zep citrus cleaner and citrus degreaser the same thing?

13. CptMidway

CptMidway Virgin Detailer

If you're a bg CG fan ask them about their no rinse wash. It's their equivalent of ONR.

14. richy

richy Guest

I do believe so. Zep makes a purple APC that is even stronger.

15. 68Stang

I cringe at the thought of using something like that. Not saying it doesn't work because I have no experience with it, but it just seems like washing the car with a detail spray and a cloth to me which equals bad recipe. Maybe one of these days I'll be turned on to it, but for now I think I'll stick to the old school.

16. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

ONR is great for maintence washes.
    Off topic: Richy where do you find the Zep Citrus?

17. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

Home Depot carries it.

18. 68Stang

Maybe I'll see about getting a sample and trying it on a panel. But what are its limits? How dirty can the car be? Just a light to moderate dusting? I can't see it being used after 2 weeks of nothing but rain and daily driving.

19. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

maxi suds II is overrated imo. i'd be looking for a new soap after i finish or trade my half gallon left

i'm not a huge fan of ONR either. I do like it as clay lube though. Up next for me is the DG 901/902, PB's SSS