Which one would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by odgaard, May 11, 2009.

1. odgaard

odgaard Birth of a Detailer

PO203S or Super Intensive Polish?

I currently have Intensive Polish but not too happy with it.

Also, would you recommend PO85RD or PO106FA

I have Micro Polish, but looking for something else. Are the two above better than Micro Polish?

I've been using Intensive Polish and Micro Polish for a while not and want to broaden my selection. Steer me in the right correction!

2. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

PO203S no question. It'll cut like SIP and finish like 106FF/FA. I don't even reach for my SIP anymore.

With PO203S, I can go straight for PO85RD afterwards too!

So, if you get SIP, get 106FA too. I would strongly recommend PO203S and PO85RD though. It's so great that Phil at Detailersdomain has a package for these two polishes along with his uber green and blue pads. If I didn't make that kit up myself already, I'd be all over that deal!

3. odgaard

Well if PO203S cuts like SIP, then its kind of a no brainer. Anyone else have any suggestions?

4. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I'll put my vote in for the 203 and 85rd combo.

5. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

P0203 is very Good. I recently used it to clear up the RIDS and swirls on my daily driver Taurus's gauge cluster. When Meg's PlastX failed, Menzerna 106FF was not enough, 203 pulled through!

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

203 and 85RD!

7. odgaard

went with the 203/85RD combo...ended up paying $35 shipped for both with 20% off at detailed image and the credit i had with them!

8. dtaildood

dtaildood Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Great price and great choice! I went with the 203S and 85rd combo over the MicroPolish/106FA and SIP/IP and couldnt be happier!

9. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

ok. Am I the only one not happy with 203? I have an almost full bottle up for trade.

10. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

PO203 is capable of a hell of a lot by any standards. That it finishes as well as it does is almost freaky. I know Ken has done some quite heavy correction using just 203.

I think you are :giggle: J/K Rog. What pads/speeds/etc are you using it with, and why are you unhappy with it? What's it doing wrong?

EDIT: I was looking all over the place for the truck Ken (911fanatic) worked on using **only** Power Finish and a variety of pads. Here it is.

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have been very impressed with PO203S!!!

12. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I can't remember what speeds I used. I think I tried orange and green pads. Cars I tried it on were an Audi A6 and a S2K. Just seem like I didn't get much correction out of it.

13. odgaard

what speeds and pads does everyone normally use with PO203S?