Which one of you??

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Tito TW, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Tito TW

Tito TW Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I know that we have a LOT of business minded people in the forum, some of you charge $25.00 to detail a car and some others charge $ 1500++ But which one of you is charging Mr.Arenas $675.00 a month to wash his cars??? :thud:

Pro Basketball Player Gilbert Arenas.

It's necessary to point out, before we start pointing fingers and laughing, that the court battle between Gilbert Arenas(notes) and his former girlfriend is nothing to cackle over. There are children in the middle, and Gilbert's ex is trying to wrangle a settlement that is in the best interests of those children.

That said, wow. That's a lot of money you've spent, there, Gilbert Arenas. And even in the middle of a six-year, $111 million contract (that followed a six-year, nearly $64 million contract), there's absolutely no way Gilbert Arenas can keep up this lifestyle for much longer.

What lifestyle? According to court records obtained by the Washington Post, this lifestyle:

There's a lot about how Arenas spent his money, based on her understanding of the household finances: "he states he makes 1.5 million per month," read the notes. Arenas lavished plenty on their Great Falls home, dropping $100,000 on landscaping, $5,000 a month for housekeepers, $675 "per car" washing, and $1 million for his backyard pool and grotto. His sharks are expensive: $5,000 a month to feed them and $1,500 for a keeper to drive from Columbus to take care of them.

He was extravagant when it came to toys for the children -- ages 5, 4 and 2 -- buying a $60,000 train set and an $8,000 toy Mercedes-Benz electric car, and dropping between $30,000 and $40,000 during a shopping spree at FAO Schwartz. (Arenas also told this story on the blog, but didn't divulge the amount of money spent.)

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Americans are way too much into sports. And that's a problem. We don't wanna work @ work, BS-ing about different sports, buying different team gear, and pretty much making a budget to pay those players so much. If people wouldn't be so much into sport, perhaps the budget will dimish, and players wouldn't be making so much. Heck, we can be more proactive at work, sending less jobs overseas...I personally hate when people are too much into sport. Take for instance my uncle, back in early 90's he was driving a BMW 5-series, and back at that time there wasn't that many people driving this kind of cars. As the time went he was way too much into sports. He knows everything about Michael Jordan, he knows everything about Sacramento Kings, even how many lovers each player had, and what position they had sex in. And guess what? He became lazier and is now driving a dodge caravan...to a caravan from a BMW 5-series? No way! That pissed me off so much I cursed kings, and they were loosing ever since then (9 out of 10 games). Enough spending time/money on sports!

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

^^^ Absolutely agree. I don't follow sports at all and I just look at people funny when they strike up a conversation about sports and expect me to know every detail. I really could care less what someone's batting average is against left handed pitchers on a Monday after it rained the day before. I mean I like watching them and all, I just think there are much more praiseworthy people out there. Then again I'm not one for idolizing someone.

4. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

I don't know if he still does. But he used to own a professional Halo team, called The Final Boss. I played against them a couple of times at different MLG events, and they are damn good. But it probably wasn't cheap flying them from city to city, and paying for all of their expenses either.

5. Nick.944

Nick.944 Birth of a Detailer

Damn I don't live that far from Arenas I need to land that account lol

6. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

I don't really care too much for sports, especially american sports. Football is boring, NASCAR is pointless, baseball is lame, golf puts me to sleep, etc... I'd much rather watch a Le Mans style race. But I don't even watch that very much. People really do spend too much money on sports, and then complain that the players are making millions a year.

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Exactly how I feel. I love watching and participating in sports but I couldn't give a rats ass about stats. I have some friends who could give you the stats on every guy on their fav team. If you have that much time, spend it with your kids, spouse etc. Get a life.

8. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

I completely agree.

9. mitchell12

mitchell12 Banned

That is really good to know but then i fell it is to expensive i am not sure weather the charges are correct at your city.

Online Car Parts Store

10. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Well said Ken I totally agree.

11. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

:applause::applause2::worship2::headbang:
    I cant even begin to say how much I enjoyed reading this. Ive often said.
    Give a ballplayer a teachers salary and give a teacher a ballplayers salary and see where this country goes. No I am not a teacher.

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Well said Supercharged. I don't give a flying fig about sports either. It's terrible when you see how much time people spend watching it, discussing it, debating it. It does not interest me, nor will you ever hear me talk about it.

13. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Virgin Detailer

Get this. My son plays Varsity HS hockey. Playing a major rival last Sunday evening.

Only about half the parents showed up because the Jets were playing.

Unbelievable!! Parents would rather watch a bunch of overpaid prima donnas (who if they needed to get a real job, probably couldn't) play football rather than watch their own kids.

Very, very sad !!

14. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

Nicely put supercharged. I could never give a crap about sports...people start talking about teams and stuff and I just zone out. I don't even know who is playing in the Super Bowl...well the Steelers, but I only know that 'cos my brother, dad, and even my mom talk about it constantly. I've been told I'm deliberately ignorant of sports, and maybe I am...but I have more important things to fill my brain with. My brother is remarkable, he can tell you all sorts of stuff about tons of football and other sports players...I can only think to myself that if he spent as much time and effort studying for school as he did memorizing this sports crap then he'd probably be a straight-A student.

The only games I ever go to (of my own free will) are my brother's football games...he's actually really good and I wish him the best at it, even though I still have no clue how the game of football works :p

15. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I cant stand how people refer to the game/ team as "we" UHHH, your not on the team, you don't play, you have no imput into the team........ the only thing closely related between "we" and the "team" is your shirt you got at walmart.

Not a fan of pro sports, I agree with Heavy, give a teacher, firefighter, cop, nurse, home health worker, actual "hero's" and see where the country goes.

Id rather detail my mud bogged suburban then watch football or any other sport for that matter.

16. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Well except for hockey of course. :)

17. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Hockey is an exception, I don't have a team, But I will tell you that it takes a hell of alot more skill to play Ice Hockey, then play grab ass in tights with other guys with the excuse/cover of throwing a ball around.

18. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Damn...and I was starting to think I was less of a man for not being fanatical about pro-sports.

19. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

lol sports whats that? I only know detailing and detailing and detailing...

20. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I like sports, especially hockey. Granted that it doesn't consume my life, I enjoy participating in them and watching them. It's just like anything else, another form of entertainment/interest, not too different from detailing. :)