Which nozzle to use for pressure washing

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by berfles, May 10, 2012.

1. berfles

berfles Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I think this is the pressure washer I have:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_289035-348-20344_?productId=1081419

I know it has a lower pressure nozzle, is that supposed to be the one I used to rinse the car after foaming it up? I don't know what the pressure cutoff is before it can start damaging the finish.

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Nice pressure washer. The 2.3 gpm will give lots of cleaning power. The 40 will be great for final rinsing but personally, I think the 15 will be to direct a stream for use on the car. Go to Lowes or Home Depot and look for a tip with a 25 degree fan. If you keep the tip at least 36" from your car and take care around emblems and any chips in the paint, you'll be fine.

3. mike aesthetica

mike aesthetica Jedi Nuba

Yep 25 degrees is perfect I never have a need for anything else in detailing applications.

4. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

0 degree turbo nozzle ... lmao

Just kidding ... the 25 degree one is my favorite. I have a similar pressure washer 3000psi with 2.7 gpm ... perfect for the house and cleaning the car.

5. berfles

Thanks. I'll see if I can find one, so far all I see are combo packs on the web site.

6. berfles

Oh cool, just checked the washer and I actually have all the nozzles already. They must have gotten picked up at some point, 25 degrees it is.