Which Menzerna products to buy?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Mark350, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Mark350

Mark350 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I've decided to go with Menzerna to try and get rid of some light swirls, nothing too bad, on a dark gray Toyota Tacoma. I'll be using a PC for the work, so I was just wondering what i'd need that won't be overkill, and what pads would go well with the polishes as well. They seem to have a lot of different polishes so I don't know which ones to pick from lol

Thanks

2. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I would say e-mail Phil at Detailersdomain.com or call him and he could probably set you up with your own type of kit for all your needs. Just an idea to make it easy on you.

3. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

If it were me i would pick up:

Super Intensive Polish - Orange Pads
    85RD - Black Pads

It is silver so i think those two would be the minimum i would get, or you could add/substitute 106ff in there...with a white pad

All the colors correspond to lake country pads

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

If they are only light swirls from say, washing the car, I'd go with Power Finish and the German Green CCS from Proper Auto Care. Sorry, just reread and you're using a PC. Get the white pad in a 5". The Power Finish breaks down beautifully, ready for your LSP. Remember, the pc takes a while to break down the polish. Longer than a rotary so expect to work a 2' x 2' section for 2 - 3 minutes until the polish goes clear.

5. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I had great luck with IP and FPII on my Lexus. I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong with any of the line :)

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Sip, po106ff, po85rd.

7. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

Thats what I have in addition to Powergloss

8. Mark350

I'll need to do all 3 steps before my LSP? Im starting to wish I got a small car this may take awhile haha

I thought SIP was more for deeper swirls?

If I opted for the Power Finish PO 203 would PO85RD afterwards with a finishing pad be overkill or would it help the shine?

9. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

Best gloss will come from a white Lake country foam, edge green or blue
    Yes the correction of SIP with orange is better than white but more gloss and colour will come from the white pad

I only use SIP for correction on soft paints. All other times it is the first enhancement step with a white pad as Prima swirl with orange will beat it in terms of mark removal

85RD with black and or edge white foam or flexipad black or red foam.

Dont discount Menzerna PO87MF or as I call it "Chocolate polish"
    by hand it is insanely clear, wet and sharply glossy

10. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Specific Paint types / Polish and Foam Pad Combinations:

a) Dark or Soft Paint Finishes - PO 85 RD 3.01 Super Intensive Polish (F) black or dark coloured paint surfaces, and 'soft' paint - 1200 RPM -White primary (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action ) LC CCS foam pad followed by a secondary Blue finishing (very soft 100 PPI) LC CCS foam pad - 1100 RPM

b) Light / Medium Paint Correction - Power Finish (PO203S) and PO 85 D3.01 polishes (LC CCS Green / LC Blue foam or Micro Mesh TufBuf ® black lamb’s wool pads 1500 - 2000 RPM) should be all you need.

c) Paint Renovation - PO S34A Power Gloss (LC Purple wool pad 1500 – 1800 RPM) it has a short work time slow cut but tends to ‘dust’

11. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I would go with SIP/PO106FA/ PO85RD.

12. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

You can't go wrong with Phil's suggestion above.

I've also read that Prima polishes work exceptionally well with the PC.

13. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

well i had a chance to try several menzerna polishes yesterday, i was super impressed with PO203. man i was able to remove 2000 grit sanding scratches to almost perfect with one pass. i was using a rotary and a black constant pressure pad.

14. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

PO203S is my current "go to" polish. A fair amount of cut, yet you can finish with it. It's great stuff.

15. Mark350

When you say finish with it do you mean your LSP is being put on right after?

16. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

yes it corrects very well and it is usually used as a one step polish. depending of course on how "you" want it to look. some do go in with 106ff/fa but i didnt see the need on my trial. we'll see saturday as i have an 08 330i vert to do. as long as it doesnt rain

17. starmax

starmax Any Rag Vehicle Washer

do you guys use top inspection afterwards? Seems kinda expensive if it does the same thing as some 50/50 or IPA.

18. Nica

Nica Banned

Well this is just my :2cents: but it comes down to person preference. I personally prefer to use Menzerna Top Inspection over the IPA but the both do the same job. When I run out of Top Inspection I'll use the IPA but that's just my opinion.

19. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

You can get SIP to finish down LSP ready when using a PC or even a Flex 3401. it's been done before with an orange pad, so a white pad will work too obviously. With a rotary, i haven't had enough machine time yet to report on this. You won't get the same gloss as you would by following up with a finishing polish, but if you're in a time pinch, it will work. If I had to recommend the top Menzerna polishes to get, they would be Power Gloss, SIP, Power Finish, and maybe 85 / 106FA.