Which Menzerna do I need?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by spK, Nov 28, 2008.

1. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Hey guys,

About to purchase the Menz polish line and was wondering which one I absolutely need.

So far my list looks like this:

Menz SIP
    Menz 106FA
    Menz 85RD

Do I really need the 106FA in between SIP and 85RD?

Oh yea, these are the first polishes I'm buying too, going straight to the good stuff :headbang:

Thanks

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Just get all three!!! You'll be happy with them. If you dont like one, you can always trade or sell it. Believe me. You wont have any problem getting rid of one of those polishes.

3. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Specific Paint types / Polish and Foam Pad Combinations:

a) Dark or Soft Paint Finishes - PO 85 RD 3.01 Super Intensive Polish (F) black or dark coloured paint surfaces, and 'soft' paint - 1200 RPM -White primary (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action ) LC CCS foam pad followed by a secondary Blue finishing (very soft 100 PPI) LC CCS foam pad - 1100 RPM

b) Light / Medium Paint Correction - Power Finish (PO203S) and PO 85 D3.01 polishes (LC White / LC Blue foam or Micro Mesh TufBuf ® black lamb’s wool pads 1500 - 2000 RPM) should be all you need.

c) Paint Renovation - PO S34A Power Gloss (LC Purple wool pad 1500 – 1800 RPM) it has a short work time slow cut but tends to ‘dust’

4. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Hmmm, 106FA and 85RD looks to do the same thing, get rid of 2500 grit scratches and high gloss factor.

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I would suggest the SIP for sure as it can clean up most things, short of a paint job needing major compounding, as well as the PO85RD. The 85RD will finish down sooooo much nicer than 106FF or FA. I my experiences, SIP will leave holograms on some paint even when using green or white pads. Follow that up with 85RD on black or blue and you're golden. Instead of the 106FF or FA, I would suggest the new Power Finish (203). If you are short on time, it will cut almost as much as SIP but finishes down as well as 106FF. It won't leave the paint as glossy as 85RD, but it will be more than good enough to go straight to your LSP.
    So if you have time, SIP and 85RD and if you only have time to hit it once, Power Finish. Hope this helps.

6. richy

richy Guest

Great advice, that!

7. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

I would go for PO203S "power finish" and PO85RD "final finish".

According to Menzerna, Power finish have a better cut then SIP but a better gloss, and almost all I have been speaking to tells me the same.

8. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

I think I'm going for SIP and 85RD. Really wanted the two stage polish rather than a AIO one.

Gonna be ordering from AG with the 15% off and free shipping

9. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

It's 20% off and free shipping.

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Minh, I only have SIP and 85RD and have never had a need for anything else. 106 would be nice to have if you would be doing one steppers and needed something a bit more agressive.

11. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Sure is, just got the email a few hours ago :applause2:

I do have a 8oz of 106FF if I need to use it but I'm gonna go with SIP and 85RD.

12. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Good choice. You will be very happy with these. With the 85RD, its actually recommended to to work at 1500 rpm, but I like it around 1000 - 1200 and I just take my time. I find it therapeutic, kind of. It takes a while for it to go clear at these speeds but I don't recall anyone telling Michealangelo to hurry up and finish the Sistine Chapel ! Like I said, If you want a polish with some correction abilities that shouldn't leave holograms, try some Power Finish as well. You can also use SIP with a less aggressive pad. Good luck and post lots of pics. We're all here to help.:hi: