Which LSP Should I Use?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by agpatel, May 25, 2010.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

So thinking of what LSP I should use on a upcoming detail on my red GTI. Looking for maximum durability as I will not have much time now to top up the LSP with new layers of wax.

I was thinking the following combos/choices:

A) 2x Collinite 845
    B) 1x Collinite 845 / 1x AG HD
    C) 2x FK1000P
    D) 1x FK1000P / 1x AG HD
    E) 2x AG HD

I am thinking maybe option D? I know FK1kp is pretty darn durable and AG HD is not that bad also. So what do you guys think? Help me pick something as I cant make up my mind. I also have many other LSPs as many of you know but I think those are on top of the durability list. But, I do want to tryout Zymol Royal also...hmm...:thud:

:help:

2. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I would go with choice B, but I wouldn't mind knowing which other LSP's you have buddy.

I would go with BFWD with RG 55 if you own them ... looks awesome on reds!

3. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

2x Collinite 845 Polycharged + spray sealant.

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

2 coats of AJT
    followed by
    2 coats of 845

this was just about bulletproof for the whole winter that we just had :D

5. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I would go for either option A or option B, both will see your GTI well into the end of this year with no top ups and personally, 845 looks great on darker/vibrant solid colors like black and Tornado Red.

6. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

You guys are giving me options of things I dont have....but I could buy...but rather not.

Ok LSPs that I have (that I can remember):

Rubbish Boy’s Original Edition
    Rubbish Boy’s Juiced Edition
    Swissvax Insignis
    AutoGlym High Definition
    DoDo Juice Austintacious
    FK 1000P
    Optimum Opti-Seal
    Collinite 845
    Chemical Guys E-Zyme
    Zymol Royale
    Menzerna PowerLock
    DP PoliCoat (Or w/e the new sealant is)
    Opt Car Wax

I think that is all of them.

7. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Another combo you might wanna entertain .... x2 opti seal / x2 845. This was the combo I used last winter with awesome results.

8. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

WOW. Honestly, just choose a base of Powerlock/845/FK1000p and top that with any of those waxes. I know your car has great prep work so it will look fantastic regardless of the LSP you choose although I know durability is most important for you at the moment. You definately have a perdicament with all those choices, put your foot down and pick one!

9. Atom Bomb

Atom Bomb Two Bucket System Washer

Can't decide? Choose all of them! :p

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Powerlock topped with AG Hi DEF. Did one panel of the red F100 I just posted with Powerlock and RG42 and it was nuts. Post pics!

11. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

Clearkote RMG/VMG + 2x 476S

i have that combo on my M3 atm for our winter and it looks as good as any high end wax ive ever used

you cant beat the Clearkote prep products for adding richness and depth

as much as im itching to try any of my other paint cleaner/LSP combos for my upcoming GTR correction, im really itching to see this combo on solid black

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

845 x2 +Insignis x1

13. bjungx007

bjungx007 Birth of a Detailer

what do u guys think about CG Jetseal 109 topped with AutoGlym HD Wax?

14. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I think for top coat I am going to go for AG HD as I have been wanting to try it out on a full scale bases. The base is the tricky part now, what to pick that will play nice with AG HD.

Durability will have to be important as once I start working in Aug I dont know what it will be like and how much time I will have to detail. When I was in school I had all the time in the world.

I have done that before, base of sealant, and each panel got a different nuba...but that was when I had a bunch of time on my hands and waxing every month was not a issue.

I know Ty loves the PL/AG HD combo so maybe that will go onto the list.

I have tried that already and looked great. Just want to give my other nuba's a little chance at glory, haha.

15. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

I didnt ready anything in this thread except the title. Come on, Ankeet. PowerLock x2 then spitshined Insignis

16. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

haha, lazy!

Like I said already giving my Insignis a little rest and give my other nuba's a chance to be on the car for once. haha.

Also, unless you going to fly to NC and spitshine the car I wont be doing it...dont have the attention capacity to do it. :giggle:

17. nothelle

nothelle Birth of a Detailer

I have mixed feeling with combining LSP coz most likely what I experienced, the top layer will dominate the previous one in term of look and durability. So based on that 845 or FK1000 would be my choice for durability. But seriously, with that many LSPs you should rotate them at least once a week, consider them as a workout :)

18. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

Youre lazy cause you dont feel like spitshining your baby!!!!!!!!!!!:coffee:

19. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

id say 1x845 and top with royale. see what the hype is all about, lol.