Which glaze tickles ur fancy ;P

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Dial Up, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Dial Up

Dial Up Birth of a Detailer

CG EZ creme,combined with sealant and nuba = $

CG glossworx glaze, havent tried out product

PB black hole, have it but havent had chance to use on relative's car

Wet Glaze2.0, planning on chemical sandwhich : base coat of 2.0, 2 layers of sealant, 2 layers

of nuba and 1 final layer/coat of WG 2.0....

always open to DB opinions TIA

2. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

wet glaze 2.0 SEALANT on top dont use nuba IMO

3. dogma

dogma Guest

Amigo
    Red moose glaze
    Vanilla moose hand glaze
    wet mirror finish

4. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

was never really a fan of glazes, but glossworkz is some good stuff

5. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

best paint cleaner/glaze ive used is clearkote rmg and vmg mixed 1:1

and i have pretty much all of them now

well except for the new glossworkz (anyone want to send me a bottle?)

just remember there are two types of glazes, ones that you can layer a sealant and ones you cant

6. jaredpointer

jaredpointer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Prima Amigo.

7. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

Pink moose is some good stuff. Havent used it in a while. With that being said, my favorites right now are RMG for a nuba topper and EZ glaze with a sealant.

I recently got a sample of wet glaze 2.0 but can't really comment on it since I haven't really extensively tested it out yet.

8. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Are you trying to mask light imperfections or just add gloss? We did a test recently in my shop on a black vehicle that wasn't quite mint lets just say. We tested PB Black Hole, CG Wet Mirror, CG EZ Creme, DS Wet Glaze 2.0 and Blackfire GEP. As for filling ability, CG Wet Mirror was the best. If you are looking for wetness, the DS Wet Glaze came out on top.

9. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

I really like PB black hole. I applied it on my recently purchased 99 Forester with 142k miles. It hasnt seen wax in years. The paint basically felt like sand paper. Because it is a beater i really didnt want to clay it. So i went over the whole car with PB Black hole with a green ccs and PC. Wow what a turn around. The silver was much cleaner looking and everytime i wiped the residue of the towel because dirty. it pulled alot of dirt out of the paint and now the surface was very very smooth. I topped it off with 845 and its now ready for winter.

10. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

where can i get the ds wet glaze 2.0?

11. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

can you explain which types of glazes can't accomodate a sealant ontop and which glazes can accomodate a sealant on top?

thanks. my curious mind wants to know. :headbang:

my understanding of the process steps were:

1. everything up till polishing step.
    2. then polish
    3. then glaze
    4. then sealant
    5. then wax

no?

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

EZ Creme Glaze

13. domino

most glazes/paint cleaners these days will allow bonding of a sealant as they contain polymers etc

its probably easier to list the ones that wont

clearkote glazes for example, swissvax cleaner fluid, zymol hd cleanse, dodo lime prime lite, megs glaze #7

that is going by their product description and of the ones i own. Some people may have layered a sealant over them with good results and hopefully will chime in and tell me im wrong

14. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

Prima Amigo + green uber = great cleaning ability and awesome gloss. I used to use PB Black Hole but prima blows it away IMO. I have been wanting to try EZ Creme but just haven't gotten around to ordering it. I've seen it do some pretty good correction/cleaning, but I feel from all the pics Prima still edges it out on glossiness.

Sent from my DROID2

15. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

I do have a bottle for sale if you're interested.

16. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Best looking of them all to my eyes is Lime Prime. Love that stuff.

17. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

i do like my wet glaze 2.0, easy application and all and deepness ensues.
    think i might go jewelling with wet glaze 2.0 sometime..

18. bakchoi

bakchoi Birth of a Detailer

19. domino

do a search, there was a main thread for the 2.0 and a member posted some amazing pics of his black mx5 - that convinced me to order it