1. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

I want to get some nice clay and have my mind set on Ricardo Blue and Yellow. I want to do things effectively even for other people, so will I really need that blue clay for those nasty ones? Or should I just get a nice amount of yellow clay?

The blue will do the job quick but leave marring on soft clears. Which one is easier to work with and in your opinion better! I hope some of you tried both :D

Thanks

2. blacK20

blacK20 Birth of a Detailer

I have both and find myself mostly reaching for the yellow. It's very pliable and leaves the least amount of marring out of any clay that I've used. The blue is not much more aggressive. If the paint is heavily contaminated where the yellow isn't enough, I'll jump right to my megs red.

3. luke093

So I should just stick to the yellow and call it a day? Im looking to get about 1.5pounds of clay here :p Should I just get 3 boxes of yellow and a box of blue (just in case one day?)

4. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

bilt-hamber soft/reg. water as lube.

5. luke093

Nooo!! Sorry, Ricky clay is just more bang for the buck in the holiday season sale soon. But thats a very lightweight clay, can any clay really do it? given more time?

6. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

from what ive read lately, everyone is going with the bilt hamber - they are quite well priced from carnaubawaxshop. Grab both grades

and i think i will too soon

ive used the zaino bar, megs otc bar and claymagic blue and have always stuck with the blue

if that yellow ricardo doesnt induce too much marring i wouldnt mind giving that a go. Last correction on my car, the claymagic did a real number on the paint, and ive always wondered how some guys here go straight to LSP after claying

7. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

i've actually never had to use the reg bilt-hamber clay. but then again, ive never had to clay anything really nasty that the soft couldn't take care of.

8. luke093

Alright, I think I may get 1 box of blue, still undecided until someone chimes in about it.

9. blacK20

blacK20 Birth of a Detailer

Doesn't hurt to try it out if you're getting 4 boxes. If I were to do it again I'd go for the yellow and get something else for the heavy hitter. The ric blue isn't quite gentle enough to go straight to lsp and at the same time not aggressive enough for filthy paint imo.

10. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

btw who's having this sale?

11. luke093

eshine! $11/box!

12. adamturbo

adamturbo Any Rag Vehicle Washer

And BOGOs on all their MF towels...time to stock up!

13. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Gliptone body bar

14. luke093

Went ALLL Out :p 4 Yellow Boxes (3bars in each), 1 Blue Box to try out. I still have 2 bars of yellow unused sitting at my fams house from a trade. A pack of Meguiars Clay and a Mother Claybar.

So, is this enough! LOL

15. mx22

mx22 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hmm, so how do you guys purchase Ricardo clay? eShine page says that all US orders for the clay will be canceled. I'd like to try it out, but...

16. luke093

Canada yeee!!! Others just bought it when it was still legal and sometimes members sell it.