Which Clay to use?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by ps3king, May 9, 2009.

1. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

hi Guys,

When inspecting vehicles how do you know to use a more abrasive clay such as the Riccardo Blue versus the Riccardo Yellow? What factors are considered when deciding between the two clay bars?

Thanks,

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I never used neither of Ricardo, but I do use and like Sonus Green clay bar...very soft and pliable, very easy to work with.

3. scottBT

scottBT Birth of a Detailer

once youve washed your car, if you can get a sellophane ciggarette wrapper and sleeve it over your fingers it makes your nerves slightly more sensitive so you will be able to feel the contaminants on your paint.
    the sonus green clay is great soft clay and leaves a great finish.
    im not sure if you can get cheaper brands out there but in the uk ive got a supplier that does a great soft, yellow poly clay.
    the meguiars quick clay bars are nice soft clay and also do a great job.:thumb:

4. AlvinOne7

AlvinOne7 Virgin Detailer

I've used the sonus green and its okay. I have the ONR as clay lube but don't like it that much.. maybe I need to change my technique?

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

try Chemical Guys clay lube.

6. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

My first reaction to ONR in clay lube diluton was that it blew the QD out of the water that the Megs OTC clay comes with..I thought it was really slippery, plus its one less thing to have to worry about buying since the ONR has so many different uses..

7. Ivan Rajic

Ivan Rajic Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I basically decide whether or not the blue Claymagic or Meg's clay is removing the contamination quickly enough... if not, out comes the red.

8. eShine

eShine Guest

Try the blue, it has no cons over the Yellow but works better.

9. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

so who has a good way of getting Ricardo into the states??

10. eShine

eShine Guest

Yes, please post it publicaly so we can be sure to catch it and cancel the sale.

11. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

:lol:

while we're at it, can someone send me a sample of vintage? :D