Which Clay Bar?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by RamSus, Sep 21, 2008.

1. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay vs Riccardo Clay.....Which one would you choose & why.
    Any feedbck would be greatly appreciated.

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Riccardo clay. Why, cuz you can order it all day up there in Canada!!!
    Great clay. One of the best you can buy.

3. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Strictly Riccardo if I were Canadian!

It's very pliable, removes contaminants very well and does so with minimal to no marring whatsoever. It's also only $19.99 for 6.02 oz or 170.664129 grams.

4. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the feedback guys. JUS an FYI, Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay is also available in Canada at eShine.ca.

5. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

But Pinnacle is available in the US, Riccardo is not.

6. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Correct, but since you are in Canada, you might as well get the good stuff and get the Riccardo clay.

7. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

To be honest i prefer Griots over Riccardo.

8. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

Thanks to everybody for the feedback. Greatly appreciated.....Placing my order of Ricardo Clay tomorrow morning.

9. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

how come? Is the Griot's one just as elastic?

10. Nica

Nica Banned

I too would have to say Riccardo, it's easy to work with and a small peace goes a long way. I cut a bar in half and use half a bar on a vehicle and because it's so easy to spread and manipulate it's great to work with. Oh and also it doesn't induce micro-marring like other clay bars.

Riccardo is all I use :thumb: well Riccardo and Red Clay Magic...boy taht Red Clay Magic has one mean bite :wicked:

11. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

I'm aleady sold...Thanks Nica.

12. Nica

Nica Banned

lol...I know..I just had to put in my :2cents: lol..:peace:

13. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Riccardo clay!!! yea!!!!

good stuff. RamSus, you'll like it.

14. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

The griots isnt a stickly but is more elastic than say zaino or BH. I just think the riccardo is to sticky and dosnt clean as well.

15. richy

richy Guest

I agree with you. I haven't tried griots but I prefer clay magic blue over riccardo.

16. mfh

mfh Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Riccardo is not allowed to be sold in US from what I have heard otherwise people would have been all over it.

17. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

Bilt Hamber clay. (UK product , available from Rubbishboys)

economical (big bar, and no need for lube) and works well.

18. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Riccardo is no where near as good as Clay Magic Blue. Clay Magic is more expensive, but it's a better clay. I tried both on the same car to compare the two and the Riccardo didn't work anywhere near as good as the Clay Magic. Just my two cents.

19. Nica

Nica Banned

That's my only complaint about Riccardo, I wish there was a more aggressive clay bar...if there could be a Riccardo as aggressive as the Red Clay Magic that would be wicked :wicked:

But I still like Riccardo just my :2cents:

20. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I just bought blue clay magic 200 gram bar w/lube for 12.99 @ Auto Zone. Right now, Tonight. I'm happy.:thumb: