Which CG Tyre Dressing?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by domino, Feb 6, 2011.

1. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

Had my new wheels fitted and first wash over the weekend

Ive been using PB B&B for a few months now and the glossy finish did look good with the oem wheels

But on my new wheels it just looked wrong, so i wiped it off and now rocking undressed tyres like it's hot

I need to order some CG products so going to try one of their tyre dressings. I want a more satin finish, somewhere between matt and gloss. Im leaning towards the VRP

But what about Silk Shine and the Gel?

Any recommendations, or better still pics?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

i was told by someone at CG that the silk shine is just diluted VRP (or was it the other way around?) so i'd prob just get the VRP and play around with the dilutions a bit. i've used it 1:1 and it was pretty shiny for my taste. prob a 2:1 or 3:1 would be more of a satin/matte gloss.

sick looking GT-R!

3. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

CG vrp on the tires will look good with black wheels, I got black wheels too. The main thing you should do is make sure you apply the vrp and then give it a wipe over. This will help give a nice matte shine to them. Overly shiny tires won't match well with matte black wheels.

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Showroom fx white pearl

5. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

I'll get my spare tire out and test out all my tire dressing for u LOL
    or ill just scrub a tire on my mazda
    but yeah CG VRP goes matt when wiped on but it does seem that it leaves waterspots from the rain on plastic trim thus I dont know if itll happen on the tires

6. domino

thanks fellas

looks like vrp it is then

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I have all of the CG dressings and all are way too shiny without wiping down after application. The ShowroomFX White Pearl leave a semi gloss sheen that looks nice. Very similar to DG253.

8. phillystyle

phillystyle Virgin Detailer

white pearl rocks:applause::applause:

9. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

Domino, be the test rat for the new G6 rubber and plastic coating and do a review. I am very curious about this stuff.You go first! LOL

10. extrabolts

extrabolts Any Rag Vehicle Washer

CG SVRP is great if you apply on a monthly basis. It will not last much longer, maybe 4-6 weeks. I buy it by the gallon though because I love that it wipes right off paint and glass, so easy to run around and apply quickly. Great product.

11. domino

ahhh ive already ordered the cg vrp

if it's too glossy ill try find this showroom stuff

12. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

how does the VRP compare to Prima Nero?

13. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I'll get you a small bottle to try Sam.

14. Kilo6_one

Im pretty happy with Nero. Both inside and on the tires. always looking for new stuff

15. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Excuse my ignorance.... but what exactly do tire "dressings" do? Are they basically a tire sealant? Or are they just for looks?

If I don't want my tires shining I just don't put anything on them lol...

16. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

Usually they are mostly for looks, but they also rejuvenate the rubber and help prevent UV damage (fading/weather cracking etc.) I personally use 303 AP

17. ToadHollow

ToadHollow Any Rag Vehicle Washer

CG Natural Matte Finish is definitely my fav, hands down. Dries to a very dull satin finish, no sling and no residue to wipe off. Damned near perfect.

18. domino

very happy with the VRP, it's just enough gloss for me

it is wearing off quickly but thats because my tyres are brand new manufactured only a month ago and do need to have the product soak in over time

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Kilo6_one

Well im anxious to try it out. How do you like your Advans? Im assuming you got the AD08? I think those are my next tire, Love my RE-11 but always down to try something new