Where to get Isopropyl Alcohol in Canada?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by luke093, Jun 4, 2011.

1. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Went to Home Depot here to get some ZEP Citrus, and hopefully Iso Alcohol.

I asked a few people in the paint department but no luck, and I also read denatured alcohol would would so I asked about that. Randomly I get a funny look, and he tells me they don't sell it as people would drink it. What the heck! Would Walmart have it?

2. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Really? You guys must have strange laws. In the states we can get it at most any drug store, Target, Walmart, and grocery store.

3. flyingbimmer

flyingbimmer Virgin Detailer

Costco has those.

4. jjl

jjl Birth of a Detailer

I picked up some isopropyl alcohol at walmart... 91% or something. I've seen it on sale at shoppers too, they are my supply for distilled water. People drinking it? Heck they could steal hand sanitizers for some alcohol, cough syrup etc by the same extension :giggle:

5. durabio

durabio Birth of a Detailer

you should find it in drug stores in the first aid section

6. blacK20

blacK20 Birth of a Detailer

I'm in Canada as well. I think you're just looking in the wrong type of stores. Any store with a drug or pharmacy section should sell it.

7. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Where are you located? I can give you and address of a place that sells it by the gallon.

8. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

^ He's in Mississauga, what was that paint prep thing you showed us at the Toronto Meet that you said works better the ISA

9. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Walmart (99% alcohol) and/or Shoppers

10. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

You can get four bottles at Costco for about $8, each bottle is 16oz. They are 99% alcohol so you can dilute it quite a bit.

11. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Paint prepping solvent solution, similar to prepsol, used to be called aquasol