where to buy water to fill tank...???

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by jake_b, Feb 5, 2008.

1. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

as i'm living in NYC, and i only live in an apartment, i'm wondering where to get water to fill a tank if i start my detailing business.. anybody living in new york that has solved/knows the solution to this problem?

2. Nica

Nica Banned

My guess and only a guess, would be a car wash. Not sure but some car washes use filtered water...but like I said it's only a guess :peace:

3. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Just a guess..but try a local Fire Station..toss them 10-20 bucks a fill..they may go for it....I know when we had a drought here 7 years ago and water was scarce..i use to go to the fire station to get water...for house hold use...my well went dry due to a severe drought...it was a bad time ..trust me...lol....

Al

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Oooh good idea :thumb: now why didn't I thin of that :duh:

5. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

you did..but just forgot to post it...lol....

Al

6. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I would try a carwash, and talk to the ower. or if there is a culligan, or ozarka water plant anywere.

7. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

thanks guys. my bet here in NY was a water reservoir..i live close to one.. just concern is that..it's a reservoir..i don't know if they do the filtering there..