Where can I find those water runoff catchers????

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Frankastic, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

Im concern about water runoff, and I seen a few use those blow up water catchers ( whatever they are called) where can I find some.

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

If you are talking about the water containment mats, check RIGHTLOOK.COM. They aren't cheap, but work very well.

3. Frankastic

4. Frankastic

wow that is expensive, im all about green, maybe a Vapor Chief is a bargain then lol

5. Mr. Shine

Mr. Shine Birth of a Detailer

Do you have a mobile setup? Does North Jersey have water reclamation laws? Bottom line...what's the need?

6. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

try detailking they sell them at an ok price.

7. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Are the matts pretty slipper?

8. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Containment Systems:

You should never assume that aqueous solutions can be disposed of untreated via the storm drainage system. Pending regulations are in place (Clean Water Act and Ground Water Pollution) to limit the amount of contaminated water that is allowed to be discharged into storm water systems (i.e. street vehicle washing)

A containment mat that will withstand the chemicals used in automobile, marine, and aviation washing and refinishing applications that would allow the water to be contained and then pumped into an optional holding tank preventing run-off contamination into rivers, lakes, bays and oceans, that will be in compliance with the discharge guidelines established by the Clean Water Act (CWA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other local regulations regarding wastewater runoff / containment may be the answer. Vacuboom

9. Frankastic

Im just try to learn what I need for this business, I don't think we have any water reclamation laws, but every time I wash my wheels with water n chemicals, I don't feel good doing it. I use ONR every wash, but for wheels I need water and chemicals.

10. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

NJ is not a problem. You don't have to worry about water run-off, unless it's motor oil.

If you are that concerned, you can buy a reclaim mat, but you also need to buy the pump/vacuum thingy and one of those drums that sucks everything up for proper/safe disposal.

I thought that was the point of all these products being biodegradeable, anyways.:shead:

11. Frankastic

Thats why I have OPT wash, its Biodegradable, but for wheels, stuff like CG Citrus wheel gel, P21S gel, or Meg wheel brightener im not so sure about. p21s taw or CG reaper is also some strong chemicals

12. MRSHINE

MRSHINE Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Where in north jersey are you anyway.

13. Frankastic

Northeast, I got into detailing 11/09, im getting very addictive to the point that I wanna do it to make $$$$. I just doing some research on tools n equipments I need for this business to be on mobile.

14. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

What the marketing guys don't explain when they tout 'biodegradable' is that i may be true of the product , but once its used to clean road dirt, oils, etc from a vehicles paint surface it’s no longer biodegradable

15. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Yeah, good point. Let's not forget that most anything is biodegradable if given enough time. :doh:

Makes me wonder how difficult (or not) it is to make that claim.

16. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Biodegradable:

[: generally organic material such as plant and animal matter and other substances originating from living organisms, or artificial materials that are similar enough to plant and animal matter to be put to use by micro-organisms] Wikipedia

Of all the environmental buzzwords, biodegradable has perhaps been the most misused and is perhaps the most difficult to understand. Because in the past there have been no guidelines or regulations, many products have called themselves biodegradable without any real justification.

Unfortunately, the word biodegradable has frequently been applied to products that generally aren't (such as detergents or plastics) and almost never used for products that really are (such as soap or paper).

A biodegradable product [:has the ability to break down, safely and relatively quickly, by biological means, into the raw materials of nature and disappear into the environment ] These products can be solids biodegrading into the soil (which we also refer to as compost able), or liquids biodegrading into water. Products labelled "biodegradable" cannot be legally released into storm water drains.

17. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

If you seal your wheels, you'll be able to wash them with just soap and water if done on about a weekly or bi-weekly basis.