Wheel Woolies. Worth it?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by DirtyWeRX, Feb 15, 2012.

1. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

I've been looking at these Wheel Woolies for a while.

I have an Ace Turbo Stick and EZ Detail Brush.

The Ace Turbo Stick was nice for a while but I got tired of pulling out the drill all the time so now it collects dust.

I love my EZ Detail Brush except on some smaller wheels, I get sprayed by a bunch of dirty water when pulling the bush out from the spokes and sometimes it's too thick to get in between the caliper and wheel.

Anyone with a set of wheel Woolies want to comment on how well the work, ease of use, longevity or material, etc...

Are they god for actually scrubbing the barrel of the wheel or is the wool better for suited for lighter cleaning.

Thanks

Seth

2. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

I want to pick up a few myself, but the price seems to be ridiculous for what you're getting.

We need to have someone in China make us some and sell a pack for $9.99

3. RaskyR1

RaskyR1 Jedi Nuba

The Wheel Woolies rock! They can't always get between the barrels and the rotors but they do work very well most of the time. A great addition to ones line-up of brushes, but IMO they can't replace the EZ-Brushes. I've had mine in use since last summer and seem to be holding up well so far.

4. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I sure like my wheel woolies. Yes expensive but so what.

5. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

Worth it in my opinion, really good for cleaning fender wells too.

-Kody-

6. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

woolies....... Best brush imo. does not splatter like the EZ brush.

you only need the mid sized one really, i have all 3 and rarely ever use the big one unless its like a wheel with a huge opening.

7. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

I like mine. Seems to be the best brush for leaning barrels of large rotor cars.

Can't comment on longevity though.

8. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Completely worth it......

Jason

9. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I love mine. I use the smallest one for grilles, the middle one for wheels and door jambs and the biggest one for wheels and inner fenders. I have had mine for a year now and they are still in excellent condition. Expensive, but worth it.

10. IOMCAMARO

IOMCAMARO DB Forum Supporter

Griots has a china made version. They don't have the big one, but they have a small and medium one. They are a fraction of the cost. I have a pair and can post pics if people are interested. I believe they were $15 for the pair. I haven't used em yet as I just got them this winter. So I can't speak about durability.

11. obsidian LGT

obsidian LGT Birth of a Detailer

I got the Griot's ones as well. I can say that they do hold up really well, and the small one is awesome for grills, especially if you are an apartment dweller like myself and rely on ONR washes.

12. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

I have the wheel wollies and they are good, but like other have said sometimes they just don't fit. And i also wish the two smaller ones had a handle as long as the largest brush.

13. RefPerfection

RefPerfection Birth of a Detailer

Anyone able to offer a comparison of the two variants?

14. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

Worth it imo. I had mine for 8 months now and use it with all sorts of cleaner and still holds up extremely well. The brushes are great when cleaning inner wheels with irregular shape where many short bristle brushes fall short. Though some brushes may be too big for some wheels, its still my primary brushes before I reach out for alternatives.

15. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I have both sets. The Griots set only comes with the medium and small brush, not the large one. They seem to be different material. The Wheel Woolies are, well, wool. Not sure what the Griots are. Having said that, the are both capable of doing the job and both seem to last.

16. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

Any issues of having dirty water fling back at you when you pull it out of a tight area like between spokes? Thats the only thing i can complain about when it comes to my EZ Detail brush

17. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

No splatter unless you pull back forcefully. You need about 1.5-2" gap for the big whoolie and about 1" gap for the medium woolie to squeeze through so there are certain spot it may not reach where the ez-brush could, e.g tight spot and back of the spoke. When they work though, they are the best for cleaning normal condition wheels ime.

18. dr.jay

dr.jay Birth of a Detailer

Just ordered the Griots "whoolies" and one of their lambskin four finger mitts. I now have a ez detail brush a raceglaze xl, and a raccoon brush from chemical guys. Hopefully I'm done with wheel brushes

19. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I have the Griots Microfiber wheel wands and I really like them, $17 from amazon

20. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

Please don't make up nonsense if you don't know the facts!
    Griot's buys theirs from the same US manufacturer Adams, Autogeek, Detailer's Domain, and so on, do.
    They split the typically sold as a 3 piece set into a 2 & a 1, which if you add both together, comes to $41.98.