wheel woolies :D

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by slanguage, Jun 24, 2010.

1. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

what the heck?! Someone hijacked my idea! Accept i had a different plan LoL.

They look good but a little pricey for those little things don't you think?

3. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

yeah, but i've been waiting a while for something like this. There was something just like this overseas before, but for some reason, they might have disappeared. Its cheaper to buy all three, than to buy them seperately.

4. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

yeah but at the same time will you really need that small one? Might be better to get a couple of the mid sized one or something. These look really similar to another product i saw before . . . . . let me see if i can dig it up.

After some serious searching here we go:

[​IMG]

similar products one is foam and one is wool.

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have those foam edge sticks, foam is only 1" in diam, so not good for wheels...the woolies seems cool, great to clean up or polish up some wheels.

6. Dial Up

Dial Up Birth of a Detailer

Vxrmarc uses something similar he refers as "drumstick"cleaners...

Thanx for lookin' out :thumb:

hmmm, more wheel cleaning tools?:shead:

7. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I wanna say I saw VXRMarc using them on one of his details before. They look neat, but a tad expensive.

8. hoppy6698

hoppy6698 Birth of a Detailer

After my last EZ detail brush from AG broke at the handle (which AG replaced for free, w/o requiring me to ship the broken one back, +1 for customer service from AG), I can say that these woolies are interesting. I may have to try one or go with Phil's detail brush for wheels if my new EZ Detail breaks again.

9. GDAL

GDAL Guest

has anyone checked Lowes or Home Depot for something similar? I know they carry a decent wool duster.

10. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

never thought about that one GDAL

11. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

TID forum is already organizing a group buy on the 3-piece set and I already putt my deposit down.

12. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

me too

13. Hostage1978

Hostage1978 Guest

^^
    Link? or PM please

14. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

15. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

wool is too much work to maintain when using on the body with premium perfumed shampoos, let alone scrubbing inside wheel barrels with chemical cleaners

ill stick with the ez-brush

16. Eliot Ness

Eliot Ness Any Rag Vehicle Washer

If you got in on the group buy you got a great deal! I've been waiting for these Woolies to come back for over 3 years. By the time I realized I wanted a set they were out of production. There is apparently only one machine that can make these and patent issues prevented them from being made by anyone else.

Vxmarc was the first person I saw using these in a detailing thread, but by then then were off the market:

Audi R8 Detail - Detailing World

My all time favorite wheel brush is the Uber Boar's Hair Wheel Brush, but I can't wait for my new Wheel Woolies to arrive!

17. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I received mine yesterday. I ordered 2 sets because the price point for the group buy ended up being too good to pass up. The small one is really small and the large one may not be able to clear the space between some rotors and wheel barrels. The medium size one looks to be the most functional.

18. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

I bought some before I saw that they were doing the group sale. I used them the other day and I'm happy with them. I always hated the EZ brush, these work great. The small one is very small but I found its great for cleaning the calipers.

19. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

My set came in yesterday... I got in on the group buy..

They are just like the infamous "drum stixx" of days past..

20. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

I got in on these on the GB TID was having. They got to the third tier on the GB which was $31.99 plus $4 shipping. Can't wait to give these a try.