Wheel Stick the 411

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by OrngeZ, Feb 3, 2008.

1. OrngeZ

OrngeZ Birth of a Detailer

Since so many people have shown interest in the wheel stick I posted in my show and shine to clean the wheel wells I guess it is best to reveal the secret :yippie:

After looking at the wool sticks the UK guys have (which are now discontinued) I realized I had used something similar in my past as a paintball player...in the paintball world it is called a battle swab or barrel swab...the company you want to get it from is REDZ...the reason being if you do a google search or ebay search they are readily available in a two piece set...one that is a straight stick the other one folds in half and doubles up as a "shorty" stick thats good for spoke type wheels and tight corners...also you want to get the REDZ one because the handle is made of plastic rather than wood like most of the other "cheapie" knock offs...the ebayer I bought it from currently posted up a dozen lot of the set (12 long ones 12 shorties) for 66 bucks plus shipping so I am sure one of you will jump on that...I have emailed a couple of the online paintball vendors and many of them are not willing to split up sets just for long stick ones only as they are packaged together in a retail package...but the ebay deal is a good one...if you only use the long ones it only comes out to about 6 bucks a stick...better than the 20+ dollars I know the UK guys were paying for their wool sticks...

[​IMG]

for those that didn't see my show and shine

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ebay linky: (btw don't bother asking him to split/part out for just the long ones..I already asked...if you price compare this deal is a good one even if you don't want the folding ones...he made this lot deal at my request)

Paintball Redz Battle Swab Barrel Cleaner Squeegee Kits - eBay (item 370018859681 end time Mar-01-08 07:10:41 PST)

If someone ends up buying the lot don't worry...there are a ton of other ebay auctions for them.. or just email him and he will make another lot deal for them

....if you want grey colored ones...

Empire Paintball Barrel Swab - 5 Pack - eBay (item 200196136415 end time Feb-27-08 21:21:36 PST)

2. vrwm

vrwm Jedi Nuba

:thumb: Sweet, Thanks!!!!

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Thanks for the hook up...

Approx how many uses would you say you can get out of one stick?

4. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Thanks for the hook up! I just bought the two 2-packs he had up for auction. That's two long ones and two folding ones. I think I might be able to adapt the folding ones into two long ones with some mods. Thanks again for letting us in on the secret!

5. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Noooooooooooo! LOL
    I would like to buy 2 of each from you! :flirt: If you can spare it from ur 24 LOL

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I wonder if a local gun shop would have these?

7. OrngeZ

local gun shops sell what is called a gun barrel mop or swap as well...but real guns are a much smaller caliber than paintball guns....paintball guns are approx .68 caliber...also gun mops have a shaft that are made of metal and are not covered at the tip...they have a metal point at the end...if you do a search i am sure there is a local paintball shop in your area...some sport chalets even carry paintball gear...

8. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

you could go to a local paint ball place and buy some but the price will typically be much more than online!

9. JLs Detailing

No I bought a couple of 2-packs. So I got 2 long ones and 2 of the shorter double ended ones.

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

What's durability on these sticks??? I'm using EZ brush to clean inside of the wheels, and loving it so far!

11. OrngeZ

not sure on durability..definitely will not be as long as the ez detail brush but I like it much better than the ez brush because i HATE how the bristles spit back at you as you brush away with the EZ detail brush...

12. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

ahh i played paintball to and didnt even think about this..awesome!! i still have like 20 of them ahh

13. Scott's Mobile Detailing

just check all the sporting goods store in the paintball section

14. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I hate that too...getting the wheel cleaner all over your face...

15. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

where do you get this wheel stick?

16. Scott's Mobile Detailing

just check all the sporting goods store in the paintball section

17. JLs Detailing

Got mine the other day and today was the first day I could use it. Well in a word I'll say PHENOMENAL! This thing worked great. I wore a white shirt today and when I finished my wheels guess what...the shirt was still white and I didn't look like a dalmation from all the black spots. That's my biggest problem with the EZ brush but that was made obsolete with the wheel sticks (Justin is that what we are officially calling them?).

OrngeZ made a great discovery and props to you OrngeZ! I love this thing and glad I bought more than one. This thing is light and so easy to handle. No arm fatigue from using this even when reaching the hard to get areas! Everything OrngeZ said about these wheel sticks is true!

18. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

which one is better? short or long? lol :giggle:

19. richy

richy Guest

Just catching up on posts...boy was this a good find!! thanks very much..I've been using a kitchen brush for behind the calipers, but the brush is not as soft as I'd like...these look much better.:applause2:

20. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

I just bought the same. See how they hold up.