Wheel repair help.

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by artemis53, Aug 13, 2012.

1. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Hi!

So, in the coming weeks, I will be doing some touch-ups to my girlfriends 2011 CR-Z EX. She has a few scratches, etc. on the paint including a new spot of curb-rash on her lower front bumper. I am perfectly fine dealing with all this, but I need help with the curb rash on the wheels. I have read how to repair wheels and have the general idea down, my problem is these wheels are all clear coated, but part is painted, and other parts are machined raw. How would I go about repairing the raw face, and how would I get a matched paint for the painted areas?

I am fine with a non-exact match, just plenty close to take away the eye-catching obvious curb-rash. Or, if my gf is okay with it, maybe even just repaint the whole wheel, lol! or at least all the machined surfaces.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]]

Attached Files:

2. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Anyone?

3. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

4. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

5. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Well, the thing is neither of us want to spend tons of money on this, and I can do a pretty decent job covering it up, and she is bad at noticing stuff, lol. So I am looking for a way for me to just simply repaint it and have it look close to factory, if possible. If not, I will just figure out what will look best to just respray the whole thing in after repair.

I was hoping there was a way to find a match for these online, but it looks like I will need to go into a paint shop and have a can or two custom mixed for me.