Wheel/Fender Cleaning tools? Which ones?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by sumdetailer, Jul 17, 2008.

1. sumdetailer

sumdetailer Birth of a Detailer

Hey guys, looking for some help which of these tools would you say I should definitely get? Also are there some that I should get multiples of? The reason why I ask, is that you guys have used a lot of these and was wondering what would be the best to get?

All of these are from DetailersDomain so there is no confusion on which ones I'm talking about
    Boar Wheel Brush
    Fender Cleaner
    Boar interior brush
    wheel spoke brush
    Swissvax Wheel Brush(just saw this isn't in stock right now) :(

Also would you rather have an AcePowerstick then some of the brushes above? I already have a power drill, and I'm taking it would be easier with the Powerstick. Which one would you recommend, because in the pictures they mostly look the same?:shead:

Finally(Sorry guys I know this is long<that's what she said>), what is the best way to clean all of these? They have to get pretty greasy and grimey from the wheels and fenders, so not sure what would be best to clean then without hurting them.

Thanks again everyone! I appreciate all of the help! :thumb:

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Man Denzil prity much covered this one, I agree with his post and the long handle wheel well brush' are wicked. I'd get at least two of those, I hate running out of things so I order in bulk now...but that's just me :crasy:

4. sumdetailer

no one has used the powersticks??

Thanks guys!

Carlos - Yeah, I've been trying to buy in bulk within reason, and I hate not having all the right tools!

Watch for a teaser tonight :)

5. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I love the Powersticks.

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice, look forward to the tease, you tease :giggle:

7. sumdetailer

Detaildoc,

Which ones do you have? Any that you recommend or don't recommend?

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Yeah, I've thought about purchasing a few Powersticks but I'd like to not purchase the whole set. I'd be interested to hear what the two or three best Powersticks to purchase are.

9. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

The price of those powersticks is a little crazy. Use your imagination and you can have the same thing (maybe even better) for less then half the price of the cheapest one.

10. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Paul Dalton aka Miracle DB Pro Supporter

There might be a Paul Dalton wheel brush coming soon... also made by Swissvax...

11. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

#401 and #603 should cover ya Denz...I know reefer_bob will back me up on this as he has this combo as well. I remember DJ_JonnyV recommending either the #501 or #601 along with the #401 to me. I bought the #603 instead of the #601 to minimize sling.

I've thought about adapting my EZ Detail brush to be used with a drill so I can more easily wash the wheel wells...I've got too many cuts and scars on my forearms from trying to push the black schmitt back into the well.

Oh boy, we need pics Paul!

12. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Paul Dalton aka Miracle DB Pro Supporter

They will be on here first, trust me on that!

13. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

:thumb:

14. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Nice. Can't wait to see that.

15. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Sweet Paul, thanks for giving us the first opportunity to check out this new wheel brush.

In the meantime, I'll consider picking up the #401 and #601/603.

16. sumdetailer

Do we get an signed version from you? ;)

17. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

any update on this?