wheel cleaning advice needed

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by britishrocco, Jul 24, 2015.

1. britishrocco

britishrocco New Member

my BBS needs a good clean since they been in storage for the last 3 years, can I use iron-x on my polished lip, they are unprotected.
    do you know any other good product to polish back my lip?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wely324

wely324 New Member

try some adam's polishes metal polish 1 and 2, they can be applied by hand and should restore them very nicely.

okay65829 likes this.
  3. wely324

wely324 New Member

they sell them in 4oz bottles, which is probably enough for all 4 of the lips. I used a mf applicator, #1 cleaned up the surface great and #2 made them pop. [​IMG]

britishrocco likes this.
  4. britishrocco

britishrocco New Member

Should I put something on them after to protect them??

5. MikeyLikesIt

MikeyLikesIt New Member

Adams is good but I've had the best experience using pros metal polish. It actually has caranuba wax in it to give your chrome protection from oxidation. Some people say wax is bad for chrome, that the metal needs to breathe. They don't know what they are talking about. I've found pro's metal polish @ this store. They have a lot of off the wall products I'd never heard of that are awesome and I use all the time now.

http://www.cougarchemical.com/prowax-all-metal-polish-p/45-c-90-p.htm

6. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

You could always put some sealant like Rejex on it afterwards to protect it.