Wheel cleaners, which ones are effective but easy

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by jrosx91, Jul 21, 2008.

1. jrosx91

jrosx91 Virgin Detailer

I recently cleaned a bmw 328 and i am also cleaning a bmw 528, maserati quattroporte, porsche 911, and a range rover.
    With cars like these i am worried about using highly acidic products, and i have no idea what material these wheels are made out of. Im also worried about spraying the brakes with the wheel cleaner and damaging their advanced braking systems.
    I am new here and to detailing entirely so i could really use as much advice and product recommendations as possible.
    thanks so much

2. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

P21S is a very safe product for use on all wheels. The gel version is able to sit on the wheel for quite some time as well without drying up which helps the cleaning action. If you read through some of the detail write-ups here you'll see what alot of people elect to use for wheel cleaning.

3. Jimmie

Jimmie Birth of a Detailer

+1 for P21S Wheel Cleaner.

4. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

PB Spray and Rinse is pretty good as well, no a regualr use cleaner though, but good to use it for cleaning the wheels for the first time.

5. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

P21S Gel is still the best

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

This holds true for me as well.

7. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Amazing Roll-off works great for me (It's safe and acid-free as well).

8. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

P21S all the way.

9. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Another P21s gel fan here. Usually for my maintenance washes I use a couple of squirts of P21 and a boar's hair brush. Due to my garage upgrade project though, my A6 and Allroad hadn't been washed in a few weeks and the wheels were pretty nasty. After thorough rinsing, I sprayed some P21s on liberally, and let sit on each wheel about 15-20 minutes. Instead of the boar's hair brush, I used the Black Magic wheel brush which is a little stiffer. Minimall elbow grease was needed and the brake dust rinsed right off after agitating. It's expensive, but well worth it!

10. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

If you want to make sure you are safe without a shadow of a doubt I have to agree with the Jedi Master!

11. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Did you read the guys post at all? He said he doesnt want to use something acidic.

Another vote for P21s Gel.

12. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

P21S Gel here too.

13. sumdetailer

sumdetailer Birth of a Detailer

Will be using my P21S Gel here this weekend hopefully! First time ever, so I will be able to tell you, if its easy or not. I have Bmw wheels as well!

Hopefully you will see a post...
    "So easy Sumdetailer can do it" :p

14. Spiggz535i

Spiggz535i Virgin Detailer

P21S All the way

15. jrosx91

jrosx91 Virgin Detailer

thanks so much everyone i think p21s is the winner, any other posts would be appreciated

16. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

p21s gel
    and closely followed by Optimum Power clean

17. timpryor

timpryor Birth of a Detailer

I got a blazing deal on some Four star ultimate gel & got 3 bottles for 15 bucks shipped. used it and am VERY happy with it. I am going to try the P21S once this stuff runs out

18. Bimma

Bimma Any Rag Vehicle Washer

P21S Gel is the way to go

19. Strokin04

Strokin04 Birth of a Detailer

Amazing Roll Off FTW!!!!

20. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I second, only because I haven't tried p21s