Wheel Brushes?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Erik Mejia, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush
    OR
    EZ Detail Motorcycle Brush

Does anyone see any benefit of getting one over the other, or are they pretty much the same pfroduct?

2. Fox

Fox Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I just purchased two of the daytona ones, they should be arriving tomorrow. It's the updated version of the EZ brush, should be more durable (thicker stem) and softer feathered bristles.

3. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

IDK, i kinda wana hear more reviews about the daytona first before dropping an extra $20 compared to the EZ. I had no problems with my EZ brush failing on me. It's been close to 2 years maybe since owning mine and now it finally needs to be replaced either by another EZ or possibly the daytona. Hopefully people who have both can comment on their new brush.

4. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

It's only ~$5 more than the EZ.

Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush, auto detail brush, Wheel Brush, Tire Brush, Detailing Brush, Corvette brush, Mercedes brush, sport wheel brush,

You might have been looking at the 2 pack.

5. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

6. Reflect

Can't hurt. I'm kinda mad I have an EZ in perfect condition, but hey it works so I guess I can't complain.

7. Fox

Fox Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Just used it yesterday, unfortunately I never used the normal EZ brush so I can't compare, but as far as the actual brush goes I'm entirely satisfied, the feathered bristles feel soft but sturdy enough for some heavy wheel cleaning, and I noticed that I wasn't experiencing any splatter at all. The splatter issue might just depend on what wheel you use it on. The brush felt sturdy enough to me so for the extra $5, I'd definitely pick this one up (also comes with some finger foam pads).

8. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

Looks very similar to the EZ brush. Other than the color of the bristles they look the same to me.:shead::shead:

9. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

The wheel brushes I use I get from Harbor Freight. I use them mostly to clean the barrels. I use a SV wheel brush for the faces, Lug nut cleaner for the lugs/lug holes.

10. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

It's an improved version of the EZ. The bristles are red and supposedly slightly softer. The main improvement is a more durable stem which was the main complaint with the EZ, as some people were having issues with theirs breaking.

11. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

I noticed that my stem was a little flimsy. (Boy, that didn't right...lol)

12. Reflect

I've been fine with the stem so far. Has anyone done a side by side comparison yet?

13. heatgain

heatgain Guest

I use a similar brush from Autozone. $4.99. The stem hasn't broke, the tip hasn't fallen off.
    Just sayin'.

14. Reflect

Oh a wise guy eh?

15. heatgain

heatgain Guest

Who, moi? :)

16. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

From AG-

The Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush. This advanced wheel brush has everything you want in a quality detail brush and much more. The staff and I at Palm Beach Motoring studied all the various brushes on the market and compared their pros and cons. Ultimately I took our wish list for the perfect wheel brush to Dean Henderson at EZ Detail Brush, Inc. Dean had already created the ultimate motorcycle detailing brush with the EZ Detail Brush. With a few modifications, I knew we could create the ultimate auto detail brush.
    Dean manufactured the Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush to my exact specifications, right down to the hot rod red bristles. In addition, the Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush has a thicker, reinforced stem. It maintains its flexibility but the new stem is more rugged for frequent use on auto wheels. The bristles are slightly feathered on the ends to gently clean delicate wheel finishes, such as coated or plated wheels, without scratching.

17. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

is this the black brush? If so I have this and LUVLUVLUV IT! best inner wheel brush by far! SO SOFT

18. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Interesting new wheel brush. I am still worried about it on polished aluminum surfaces though.

I wish they had the wool drum sticks. They need to bring those back!

19. heatgain

heatgain Guest

Yep, that's the one. Great brush. Fits everywhere I push it. It's $4.99 though. Kind of high, but worth it. :)