what's your winter LSP?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by supercharged, Oct 14, 2009.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

With winter season hitting us soon, what will be your winter LSP? Anybody going for sealant/wax combo? I have three cars, and think to have different LSP combo on all three...Hmmmmm....
    I have DG 601/105 combo, Klasse Twins, Collinite 845, 915, GI gloss finish, Zaino Z-2, Z-5 (and ZFX), Werkstatt twins (Prime strong, AJ, and AJ-T), Blackfire wet diamond (my new favorite sealant), and BH AB...still haven't decided what I'm gonna use...
    Thinking of ordering FK 1000p, maybe will use it on wheels or something (want something more durable then Poorboy's wheel sealant).
    What's your winter LSP will be? Or maybe a combo???

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I think this year I am going to use #845 and top it with RBOE or Lusso, and maybe a month or so later some Red Mist.

I have BH AB as well, and would like to use that also, and have FK1000P....I was thinking of doing half the car in AB and the other half in 845/RBOE as those two are the front runners for me. Then again winters in NC are not bad, but would be nice not to have to ONR in the parking lot when it gets cold.

3. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Zaino toped with RBOE for the wifes car

AJT for my truck.

4. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

OP... I'm seeing a huge problem with your "winter" lsp choice... You are in damn Sacramento California!!!!!

5. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

BTW... I just ordered AJ for my car, and need to order 845 still.... Those two are gonna be my winter LSP's I recon...

6. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

:crasy: wacky southern folk :giggle:

7. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

It's 845 + Lusso Oro for me.

8. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

ive had good results with 1 x M-seal topped with 3x Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub i might be polishing my entire car soon so not sure wut ill use on it after that :shrug:

9. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

I'll be using Blackfire Wet Diamond as the winter sealant for me S2000--three coats. I won't be topping it with a carnauba, as I want maximal durability. Besides, Wet Diamond looks great and the slickness is exceptional.

For our CR-V, I will just continue to use Ultima Paint Guard Plus.

10. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

The Sl will have 2 layers divine and 3 with Insignis. And covered with a swissvax carcover.
    The Touran is getting 1xDivine and 2xInsignis
    The Bora is getting 2xjetseal and 2xMystery

11. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

The Sl will have 2 layers divine and 3 with Insignis. And covered with a swissvax carcover.
    The Touran is getting 1xDivine and 2xInsignis
    The Bora is getting 2xjetseal and 2xMystery

12. GearShifter

GearShifter Virgin Detailer

You guys in the southern states have it easy!

...I live in Toronto, CANADA!! I think we got something like 180cm of snow last year. LOL.:yikes:

I think I will be ordering some 845 this year.

13. InfamousNic

InfamousNic Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I'm trying CG Jetseal109 / CG 50/50 in Morin-Heights QC

14. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

on my wifes black expedition 2x blackfire wd
    on my truck 1x blackfire wd
    the corvette 2x SV concorso
    the infiniti 1x blackfire wd 1x sv onyx

15. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

The F250, which lives outside, will continue to wear Auto Balm. Collinite 845 impressed the heck out of me this past weekend on a Mazda 3. Knowing its reputation for durability, along with being able to get it from US suppliers, may well make it my preferred durability-biased LSP.

The S2000, which lives in the garage, is wearing 2x RBOE. I re-apply once a month, whether it needs it or not.

16. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

I'm trying out some new stuff this year. Starting with a coat (maybe two) of Tropi Care Sunburst, followed with 2x coats of Colli 915 with ONR washes throughout the winter

17. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Just put a coat of 845 on the LS last night. I'll probably put another coat on before winter settles in.

18. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

My GTI will be treated to a coating of DG Enviroshield from top to bottom.

19. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Whats up with the Enviroshield, is it released yet?

20. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

The Mark is getting two coats of AJ topped with Lusso before it goes into storage on the 24th.... it's gonna sit inside though :D