What's your GO to Sealant/Coating these days

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by chefwong, Jan 17, 2013.

1. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

Love Opticoat for it's protection.
    Too sterile for me though. No gloss, no depth.

I find myself always reaching for BFWD.

This is subjective, but Opti-Coat for me does seem to provider a hard layer as well.
    Less marrning using same washing techniques on BMW jet black

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Cquartz, Gtechniq, wolf hard body/body coat, and opticoat. I haven't tried 22ple yet. Love sheeting abilities of cquartz and tight beading of wolf

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

BFWD, 1z GLanz and Wolfs Hard Body.

4. 3PedalMINI

3PedalMINI DB Forum Supporter

Wolf's Hardbody FTW! i look foward to trying 22ple soon though

5. JBlack151

JBlack151 Birth of a Detailer

This!

6. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

Gtechniq C1 or wolf's chemicals hard body for sealants and Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid (hybrid wax/sealant)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

7. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

8. brk4euros

brk4euros DB Pro Supporter

Opti-Coat, Meguiar's Finishing Wax and Powerlock are some of our favs.

Looking forward to trying Sonax Polymer Net Shield

9. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Collinite 845

Wolf's hb or bw

10. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

1Z Glanz, AF Powerseal, AF Tough Coat, Menzerna Powerlock... All solid choices

11. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Optimum must be putting a different mix into the syringes they ship to me. :D

This is just my opinion, but with all these coatings available today, why use a sealant/wax?

[​IMG]
    P1120824.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    P8120187 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    PC260008.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    _B210007 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    P1040677 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    P1040717 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

12. InsanePaint

InsanePaint Pro Detailer

Man. I know you guys all dig those Nano coatings. And I know it's where "the future lies." But I'm just not there yet. My go-to combo is still Adam's Machine Super Sealant, topped off with Adam's Americana. And I feel that combo offers INSANE amounts of protection. I'm not embarrassed to say that I'm a bit more "old school" in my beliefs in this area. NOW. If I have a client that wants a Nano coating, or I FEEL because of the neglect the car will receive, then yes, I'll do that. But for most people that will get a "full correction" once or twice a year, it's unnecessary to apply a coating that lasts TWO years anyway.....??? When all you'll be doing is removing it before it's expiration date. Surely I'm not the only one that feels this way........

13. UniqueAutoKraft

UniqueAutoKraft Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I'm still using just some basic stuff to get my finishes really, as I quit painting and I quit detailing and am now working as a nanny before leaving for my Naval basic training.

So far my favorites are this:
    3M Imperial Hand Glaze Topped with either NXT or P21S Blue/Silver Top depending on the color.
    Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze followed up with Prometheus 450 Sealant.

Really at this point it depends on what kind of car I'm working with. All of the cars I decontaminate and wax are also glazed. Its something I battled with for a while, and educating customers in the area was better said than actually done. Glazing the car gives them the impression that the wax/sealant removed scratches, but we all know they're simply filled for a while.

14. eShine

eShine DB Pro Supporter

Call me retro but I always go back to Klasse Sealant.

15. ChrisJobe

ChrisJobe Two Bucket System Washer

I always find myself reaching for BFWD and fuzion...I know its not the best out there but its what I have to work with...

16. eShine

eShine DB Pro Supporter

There is no such thing as "best out there". If you like it, then it IS the best!

17. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Swissvax Concouso/Wolf's Hard Body.

Grabbing some 2PPLE Once I'm back though. I like Opti-coat but it's a real pain to work with if the conditions aren't perfect.

18. ChrisJobe

ChrisJobe Two Bucket System Washer

Thats how I feel as well but I know the products arent on the high end of the spectrum like some here have...But hey I only detail my acura and jeep so its good for me.

Cheers!

19. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

On my own car, Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger. Two coats takes 30 minutes to apply and lasts 6 months minimum. On clients cars, lately I've been using Autoglym Super Resin Polish / Extra Gloss Protection or Wolfs Hard Body. I agree with Thomas, on a properly prepared car, Opti Coat does look amazing.

20. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Duragloss 105/601 and 501/601
    Collonite 845
    Ultima Paint Guard Plus

Want to try WHB next.