What's Your Favorite Soap and why ?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by kdude, Dec 12, 2010.

1. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

I've tried the following soap's ...

Is there another one that i've missed that is good ? I'm still learning the business and i'm in the research and learn phase ... I also do not have a favorite yet but was dissapointed in the Lusso mostly because of the high price without a huge difference in results .. The Dp smells amazing , the Optimum is all around good, The auto glym i have to try again to give an opinion and the adam's is so thick with huge suds i kinda of liked it a lot...

What do you guys think ?

Lusso ORO

DP Auto Bath Shampoo

Optimum

Adam's Car wash Soap

Auto Gym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Not a fan of the Autoglym at all, wasn't slick enough. Maybe I need to try it again.

My favorite soaps are:

CG Citrus Wash Clear
    SCG Pacific Blue
    Majestic Solutions Ultra Gloss

I got some soap in a trade which I've only tried one, but I think it was the Showroom FX Car Wash Concentrate. It left a different look which I liked, kinda like a sealant shine. I'll have to keep experimenting with it.

Edit: Add DG CWC to the list, great stuff.

3. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Optimum for me. I bought this stuff just recently and have fallen in love with it. It is super slick, doesn't strip and smells great. This is now my number 1.

4. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

im with chas. optimum effin rocks for a maintenance soap.

5. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

Do you guys think that the Adam's strips the wax.. its so sudsy and pretty slick...

6. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

i did like the Optimum too... great all around and my fav so far.. but the suds from Adam's .. WOW !

7. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I know its extremely underrated but for some reason I also always loved Meguiar's Deep Crystal as a cheap maintenance wash when I had nothing else. It had great sudsing and left a good shine after. I still keep it just for kicks.

8. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

as long as you use it at the correct ratios i wouldnt think it would strip wax. i went through a gallon of adams soap a few years ago and never had any problems with it stripping lsp.

9. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Adam's is my favorite soap . Very foamy and works great in a foam gun or cannon. Ultima
    Paint guard wash is also high on my list. Lots of foam and a fresh clean smell just wish it came in galloan siszes. Prima Mystique is also great very slick .CG Glossworkz is pretty nice too. For stripping I use CG citrus wash and clear ,wash and gloss or citrus wash.

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I don't really have a favourite. I switch between Werkstat, Optimum, DG 901, CG CWC ,P21S and Blackfire. All foam really well and the lubricity is very similar.

11. blacK20

blacK20 Birth of a Detailer

Optimum and lusso. Recently started using 1z perls and I'm absolutely in love with it.

12. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

i still love my Meguires Gold that i bought before all the other maintanence wash soaps lol
    AG Bodywork shampoo wasnt really as great as I thought it would be, it didnt feel lubed and suded up or maybe 1 capful wasnt enough for 2gallons.
    i love the CG Citrus wash and gloss for stripping lsp
    I also have a bottle of some CG Clear Citra i gotta try out and some Lusso Oro

13. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I've used:

-Maguiars Gold Class
    -AutoGlym Car Wash Shampoo
    -DP Extreme Foam Formula
    -Simple Green Car Wash

I liked all of them. DP is best for foam canon though. Just a regular wash with a mit, I really like the AG.

14. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Lusso.

15. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Now there's a surprise! Guess I'll have to get some.

16. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

theres already a thread like this, do a search

my vote lusso

17. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Majestic Solutions Ultra Gloss. JL sent me a sample and man it is so much better than CG Glossworkz. 2 oz in 3 gallons of water provides good suds and plenty of lubricity. Still want to try Lusso Autobathe.

18. zliegen

zliegen Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Meguiars gold class, best bang for buck

Most of the time I use ONR though.

19. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

Some of my favorites are:

CG Citrus wash and clear
    CG Glossworkz
    Adam's (I love this soap for my foam blaster)
    ONR is amazing for maintenance washes.
    Lusso.
    I'm really wanting to try the RG Snow Foam.

20. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

cg citrus wash and gloss
    cg maxi suds