What's with the various AQuartz coatings?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by newbie001, Jul 7, 2011.

1. newbie001

newbie001 Birth of a Detailer

I've read some of the others posts here but I'm still confused:

Originally it was just regular Aquartz: http://www.detailersdomain.com/Aquartz-Nano-Coating-40-ml_p_328.html

Now there is Aquartz Titanium PPF: http://www.detailersdomain.com/Aquartz-Titanium-PPF-Coating_p_525.html

and also Aquartz Premium: http://www.detailersdomain.com/Aquartz-TI-and-Premium-Combo_p_526.html

What's the difference between them all? Does the combo provide vastly better protection than just using the original? Does the combo now blow away CQuartz and Opti Coat (or is OC too different to compare anyway)?

Thanks!

2. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

3. newbie001

Thanks for the links. One of them I had read, one I hadn't. Still a bit confused as it seems like nobody was really sure about the red bottle and if it was necessary and how much protection it added. I think only Phil had tried it?

But it seems that the consensus is that AQ is better than CQ, AQ combo better than just AQ, and I'm not sure about OC. Seems like OptiCoat may last longer and protect a little better, but maybe not as smooth to the touch?

4. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Opticoat V2 does last longer, I think the Aquartz combo is alot easier to apply and will either choose that or Wolfs Chemicals Body Wrap. Check out this correction I did and my experience with Opticoat V2.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/show-shine/29864-2011-wrx-paint-correction-opti-coat.htm

5. newbie001

Just found this on the AQ website:

All painted surface has many micro-pores (pin-holes).
    As a newly painted surface cures, the micro-pores are created from the air trapped in the paint.
    And as time goes on, airborne chemical compounds, ferrous particles and dirt actually penetrate the paint,
    and gets stuck in the pin-holes within the paint surface.
    They create corrosive compounds that eat deep into the paint's sub-layers or paint's pin-holes.
    In order to keep the original car paint colour in perfect condition for long time,
    we have to cover the pin-hole and block UV rays with Aquartz Premium and Aquartz Titanium.

So we have to remove all contaminants from the surface before AQuartz can be applied.
    Iron Cut or Clean Shot can be used to remove minor dirt easily.

After thoroughly cleaning the entire painted surface,
    it must be covered up with AQuartz Premium Film before airborne chemical compound
    and the ferrous particles penetrate into the paint surface.
    But, Aquartz Premium is not sufficient enough coating to completely cover because it also has pin-holes.
    As AQuartz Premium forms the pin-holes from air pockets also,
    we require smaller nano-particles to cover the pin-hole of Aquartz Premium.

That is why we need to use AQuartz Titanium.
    AQuartz Titanium covers the smaller pin-holes of AQuartz Premium.

To obtain the best results,
    one layer is not sufficient to cover the pin-holes and block UV rays because it is too thin a layer.

For thicker Aquartz Premium coating and Aquartz Titanium,
    you need to coat 2~3 layers of AQuartz Premium,
    and 1~2 layers of AQuartz Titanium coating as a final detailing step.

Does this seem right? That's a lot of product to put on.

6. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

in a nut shell you got it.

7. newbie001

8. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

anyone have any comparisons to wolfs nano sealant? is that even scratch resistant?

9. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Read a couple of pages but havent found it yet, but who knows you might find something on it if you do let me know man.

Body Wrap - - Detailing World -