Whats the purpose of a foam gun?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by 99monguse, Dec 6, 2010.

1. 99monguse

99monguse Birth of a Detailer

I see a lot of pictures with the cars completely covered and I really don't know what the point of this is. Are you guys just doing it to apply soap to the vehicle or are you applying chemical to remove the LSP?

2. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Both.
    You can foam with a regular soap to break loose surface dirt, so when you go to the 2BM, you'll have less gunk in your rinse bucket.

Foam it with a high concentration of apc, citirus based soap etc, you can effectively strip LSP.

3. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

^Nice, it also helps reduce any swirls, scratches, or marring, that could be instilled during your wash.

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

and it's fun :D

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Mainly, it's just a lot of fun.

6. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

The purpose is to confuse all your neighbors, some of the techniques I use when caring for a car provide endlessly entertaining looks from my neighbors...

+1 on the loosen dirt/strip LSP

7. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I can't wait to get a foam cannon...

When rinsed completely with a pressure washer I imagine there is almost no dirt left when you actually wash with a mitt/sponge... no dirt no swirls :D

I would also love to have one for post polishing clean up... just foam and rinse to remove whatever polishing dust is left.

8. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

The point is that it's awesome....seriously....it's just straight up awesome.

9. cnut

cnut Guest

It's fun. Ummm... It's fun! You ought to try it for yourself because it's fun! Lol

10. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

I agree.:D

11. racedoc11

racedoc11 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

me 2:giggle:

12. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Only legit use...

13. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Werd

[​IMG][/IMG]

14. Bunky

Bunky Guest

It is an excuse to use a lot more soap.

15. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

Yes. True.
    I use Adams and use a good soap to water ratio. Still foams like crazy and had nice lubricity. (Is that a word?)

I mainly use it because my neighbors look at me like im a maniac. Its bad enough I spend an inordinate amount of time in the driveway/garage detailing my car. The canon just tops it off.

:thumb:

16. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

It makes you look like you know what you're doing. Deep down inside, all the spectators wish their cars were washed like that. And has anybody mentioned it's fun??

17. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Lol it definitely looks like a lot of fun. I might have to pick myself up one of these..

18. DMai90

DMai90 Virgin Detailer

So which foam cannons do you guys use? I have been keeping on eye out for a deal on autogeek.net but they never have percentages off, just free shipping over one million dollars.

So which one does the majority of everyone use? And where and how much?

:peace: