Whats the most durable vacuum?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by TONY MONTANA, Apr 7, 2010.

1. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

whats most most durable vacuum out there? im getting sick and tired of having to go to home depot every single year to replace my rigid shop vac. i dont mind spending some extra cash but i want something that can go thru some abuse and last me a few years at least thanks

2. biglou468

biglou468 Virgin Detailer

wasup t m u may wana try lowes

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I am sorry to hear that you have had bad luck with your Rigid shop vac. I have had my current Rigid shop vac for 5 years now and only recently did I upgrade to the finer particulate filter you can buy for them.

I guess if you only need a vac you could opt for a Metro Vac' N Blo, very nice vac from what I have read.

4. detailjohn

detailjohn Detailers Advertising Scheme

Are you using it as an extractor and vacuuming water? Ridgid vacuums are good quality and should last for years. If you want to step up to a better vacuum, Fein makes an excellent vacuum, but not as easy on the wallet as a Ridgid.

John

5. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

nope i just use it to vacuum and to blow water out of the cracks and every single year i have to buy a new one

6. scott14

scott14 Birth of a Detailer

ive had my ridgid for 3 years not..works like the day i got it

7. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

I've been using a Metro Vac 'n Blo for about ten years (my son is still using it )

8. ScottieB

ScottieB Jedi Nuba

Metro Vac 'n Blo here too.

9. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

i cant speak on rigid but shop vac brand sucks. ive done blown up two this year and its only april. after a couple of uses they start sounding high pitch, than next thing you know they wont turn on no more. i would also like to know a good vac. i dont need to suck water as i have a extractor.

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

sounds like it's made with a theory it breaks, so you buy a new one, so our technicians can have a job...I hate that...

11. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

got a blue shop vac from lowes 9 years now and other then the hose has been perfect...i dont even turn the nozzle down when extracting

12. TLMitchell

TLMitchell Birth of a Detailer

I've had my Shop Vac 20 years and use it 3 or 4 times a week, usually to blow off water. They musta been making 'em better back then. Who woulda guessed?

TL

13. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

good thing about buying every year is well you have something to deduct LoL.

I have always used Craftsman shop vac's but this past years black friday i couldn't pass up the opportunity to get 2 small craftsman vacuums for the tight areas and one backup Ridgid vacuum in case the Craftsman goes.

My vacuums usually last a couple years.

14. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Craftsman and Rigid vacs are both made by same company.

15. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

I really like the Stainless steel Shop-Vac that they have out. Its a little pricy but my dads has lasted him a long time.