What's the difference between DG#,105,101?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by distrbd, Nov 9, 2007.

1. distrbd

distrbd New Member

I'd like to know if DG,#105 and 101 are virtually the same ? unless 105 is an AIO?
    and how about #111 clear coat polish ?it looks like it has no cleaning power ,boy the way they market these products you will end up buying all of them to find out they are basically the same thing:)
    I don't mind trying the #601 & #105 combo,it seems to be most suitable for my Civics paint.Maybe AL-53 could give us some info ?how about it AL?
    I also wonder if acrylic sealants are superior to polymer sealants?

2. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

DG 105 is the newest product and best as far as I am concerned....it does have a slight cleaner ...but nothing real strong...so light 105 can be layered ....if you use 105 with a machine then the cleaners come into play since the pad used will increase the cleaning ability of it....this product offers the best protection I have seen so far from Dg..second is the 501 Marine Polish...its like 105 with 10x 's the cleaners

DG 101 is a cleaner type sealant..it does clean nice...and leaves a wet look also....can be used by hand or machine....this was thier original product in 1974 i believe....its durable..but not like 105....

111 is a sealant with very little cleaners ..the less of all of them..so its sorta like a pure sealant....the cleaner just ensures stuff is off the paint...its not very strong but weak in fact...it has the look of old Zaino or Klasse SG....no real depth...but a great gloss and wettness...to me its a nice product for light paint like white and such..really puts a gloss on it....pretty durable also..more so than 101.....

Now...501 the Marine Polish is one hell of a paint cleaner..I mean real good...but the real nice thing is it also has very good protection..very close to 105 as DG told me...this is my favorite over 101 now...I use this alot to clean paint and add a nice base also...

When I use this..my pads turn black from stuff it pulled out of the paint..EVEN after polishing with Menz..the pads are still black...it deep cleans..trust me...it smells like a solvent also..no cherry or grape smells..lol...just a solvent smell...

it leaves a great look for what it is..very wet and glossy and deep also....I have it on my Honda now since June...just 1 layer..and it still beads nice and looks great....I have not used any AW or QD since I put it on ..to test it..i just wash it with 901 every 2 weeks...

to me thisis a must have product since it does 2 things..cleans and protects with durability...

I use this for a base for 105 now..the best a both worlds...it would look nice with 111 over it also...

hope this helps ...

Al

3. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

101 is a claeaner polish, it is there version of an AIO. It works pretty well,it does a better job of protection then Klasse AIO.
    105 is a sealent, it protects forever. It dosent clean like 101, but protects alot better.
    I find that I can get well over 6 months (i have never left a car longer then that, but it was going strong still) with 105. I do use the polish bonding agent. It realy seems to help.

I have been very impressed with 105.

4. distrbd

distrbd New Member

Thank you both ,AL you seem to like the marine line of products more and more now a days,I remember you mentioned that you liked marine detailer #521 better than AW#951,and now #501 over #105,but I don't think I would be disappointed at all using #601 &#105 combo,and maintain it with AW like mike said..
    We Will see.
    Thanks again guys.

5. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I like 101 also..with a 105 topping..but the Marine just cleans much better....

I like the 521 more than the FC&S not AW..there is no replacement for AW....

you will not go wrong with 601 and 105....its a great system...just some times you need a bit more cleaning and thats when 501 Marine comes to play...

I use them all....

AL

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Keep the info coming boys, I'm taking notes. I just purchased a few items of Duragloss and I'm looking forward on using them but I need to read some more about these products and any info you guys feel like sharing by all means I got my pen ready :eek:

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Thanks, Al. I'm gonna try #501 myself.