What you use for Microfiber

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by klumzypinoy, Nov 5, 2007.

1. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

What do you use to wash your microfiber towels?
    I ran out of micro-restore and I just want to buy something locally.

2. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

i have tried several but found chemical guy's mf wash the best

3. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Thanks, I was wondering if someone ever used this :p.

4. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I normaly wash my mf bythemsleves and use liquid tide. I find it does a good job. Everyonce in a while I mirco-restore. It keeps them working well and nice and plush...

5. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Thanks! I will look for that next time I go in wal mart..

6. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

you will be able to find tide.. its a really comon laundry detergent.... nothing special. Its what i use to wash my clothes

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I use Woolite and it works great. Gets all the filth out of my MFs.

8. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I like CG MF wash.

9. Nica

Nica Banned

I can't recall who it was that said this but if memory serves me righ I read someone say the used just plain water with vinager? I've never used this method my self I always use micro-restore

10. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I use whatever hypo-allergenic, perfume free, dye free liquid laudry detergent is on sale..I also squirt in some vinegar to the wash cycle and they get triple rinsed and then they get hang dryed.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh so I wasen't all out to lunch on the vinegar.

12. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Haha the regular detergent we have is POWDER and i don't wanna use that... we have woolite too but I don't wanna use all of my mom's, maybe I'll buy that instead...well whichever I see first!

13. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Nica out to lunch... yeah right, like that's happened..lol. I've noticed the vinegar makes them all nice and fluffy and soft again. I use it about every three washes

Hey klumzy, make sure you get the liquid detergent with no dye's or perfumes... They are usually the one's labeled "Hypoallergenic" or "For Sensitive Skin"

14. P1et

I'm with MotorCity on the hang drying! My wifes goes bonkers when I steal all of her hangers, HAH!

15. P1et

OK, new question here.

AL417 on AG brought up an interesting point: this MFs started linting when he was using Woolite. Now, my Cobra Jrs. are linting like man and I wash them in Woolite.

However, my CG MFs don't lint even when washed in Woolite. He uses Pinnicle MF Restores but that is way too expensive for me.

Suggestions? I don't want to ruin my nice MFs when Woolite could be a culprit.

16. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Buy MF wash from CG ;)

BTW, AL417 = Alice = Shemale :p

17. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

pirex knows of what he speaks! I used CG MF wash for the first time and liked it better than Pinnacle Micro Restore. MF's seemed to come out fluffier and cleaner than they had before.

18. P1et

19. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Thanks a lot MotorCity!

I have dried my MFs on low in the dryer. They come out nice and soft. When I used to hang dry them, they're a little little bit stiffer.