What would you do?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by JonM, Mar 1, 2010.

1. JonM

JonM Guest

First off I am new to the site and want to say hello to everyone!

Secondly, I'm going to need a bit of advice. Ok so I found out about this website because I was dead set on getting a pot of Insignis and have been eyeing it for about a month now. I have also been eyeing Concorso for the past 2+ months as well as RBOE. I didn't know Insignis was a limited run wax and am very disappointed in myself for not jumping on the group buy, but there is no use in crying about the past. What do you guys think I should do? Should I wait to see if I can some how get the Insignis for the Group Buy price of $375 (I realize this is very unlikely) or should I purchase both the RBOE and just get the Concorso as well, while saving a few bucks. I absolutely love having waxes and sealants (like everyone else on here) but I still find myself running back to wanting the single Insignis for some reason. What are your opinions as I seriously need help.

Current LSP's
    -Menzerna's new sealant (on order)
    -Black Fire Sealant
    -Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant
    -2 Tubs of Fuzion
    -Collinite 915
    -Pinnacle Souveran
    -Natty's Red

Car is a Phantom Black Pearl Audi S5. Thanks guys.

2. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

honestly for less than Insignis($375) You can get SV Concorso and Z Glasur. Two of the best waxes on the market.

3. JonM

JonM Guest

Would you recommend the Glasur over RBOE? I'm not going to lie I haven't ever heard anything about Glasur, but have heard nothing but good about RBOE when used properly.

4. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

well that is hard to say they are two very good waxes but it is hard to say what the best wax is lol.

it is really up to you to decide you have to go with what is going to make you happy.

5. JonM

JonM Guest

Definitely hard to say which is better than which....Would the Glasur $30 premium be justified over the RBOE on terms of durability sheeting etc

I guess I just don't wanna regret the fact I didn't buy the Insignis once it's all gone, but then again I'm not sure if there is much difference between the Concorso and Insignis.....bleh I hate being indecisive :shead:

6. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

Glaur is equal if not better(half the price mind you) than SV Bos/Concorso. I have never used RBOE, but I know that Glasur is readily available on this side of the pond.

7. JonM

JonM Guest

With that kind of mindset I can buy all three and have it be the same price as Insignis :yikes:, but I'm not gonna do that lol.....hmmm thank you for the responses guys

8. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

i think they are two different waxes an i like both of them but than again i like glasur an vintage more than some of the sv waxes its really hard to say they are all great waxes. lol

9. JonM

JonM Guest

How is the sheeting and ease of use of Glasur?

10. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

very easy on an off beading is good i would say you get a good 3 months before a reapply.

11. JonM

JonM Guest

Guys I might just buy all three (RBOE, Concorso, and Glasur). I'll decide tomorrow once I find out the availability and price of the Insignis.

Opinions still welcome!

12. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

RBOE looks great on lighter colours, not so much on black. RG55 or the new Victoria Wax Mayhem would be my choices for black.

13. JonM

JonM Guest

Thanks for the info man, I'll definitely look into it. Gonna wait it out till I find out about Insignis, decided I don't wanna have regrets, considering all the other waxes are typically readily available. Thank you guys!

14. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

I didn't see CG5050 tossed out there - I really liked that one on black.

15. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I'm just wondering about the pearl paint. On solid black, Supernatural is awesome. But I know it does mute flake a little.

16. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

Waxes are such a personal thing, IMO Glasur>RBOE>Concorso. Whatever you do get RBOE, its handmade from scratch by a person just like you and me. It truly is a great wax.

17. JonM

JonM Guest

So ended up getting all 3

-Insignis
    -RBOE
    -Supernatural

Got a detail to do this weekend so I'll make some of the costs back...wasn't planning on getting the Insignis because I thought it was all gone, so I bought the Supernatural and RBOE....then boom, I saw Insignis was available today, and I don't like to live with regrets...We'll see how I like everything, and which I like more. Next Wax I pick up will be Glasur, but that will be prolly be summer time...no need for more waxes now.

So the Collection so far is
    -Insignis
    -RBOE
    -Supernatural
    -Menzerna's new sealant
    -Black Fire Sealant
    -Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant
    -2 Tubs of Fuzion
    -Collinite 915
    -Pinnacle Souveran
    -Natty's Red
    -Pinnacle Signature Series II