What towels and where to buy them?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by piginapoke, Dec 10, 2010.

1. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

I just recently (this past spring) lost my mind and bought a PC7424xp, 105, 205, 85rd, colli 845 and 915, glanz wax, AG HD (thanks alot walmart all I needed was more wax), etc. etc. etc.
    Anyways all this time i have been using my Costco yellow towels for everything, I bought a couple of megs towels and they are the same as the costco towels just a darker yellow. What reasonable priced towels can you all suggest and where is the best place to buy them. I am just an enthusiast and like all of you I want better than I can afford, for less than I have to spend. Thanks for the help guys.:itsok::computer:

2. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

3. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Ahhhhh every link leads to the same page! Lol maybe I'll try those towels out

4. piginapoke

Well I bought some of the yellow a dozen to be exact, and when the wife wan't looking I added three monsters to the cart and checked out.

5. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Get the Pakshak Ultra Plush. They will ship flat rate USPS. If you log on to the forum you will get 10% off.

We would like to thank our customers for their patronage over the years. We would like to offer a special sale on our highly regarded Micropak micro fiber products. Thank you & Aloha! PakShak "Ohana" (Family)

6. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Thats a good price for the Pakshak ones.

May have to pick up a package.

7. wascallyrabbit

wascallyrabbit Virgin Detailer

8. 01GreyStangGT

01GreyStangGT Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Poorboys World has nice microfibers. Just got a new one yesterday.

9. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

Pakshak all the way, don't even bother with the Cobras from AG.

10. rwright

rwright Birth of a Detailer

In my opinion, you're wiping media should not be an area where you skip on quality. Keep in mind that this product is in direct contact with your paint. Another issue that you want to avoid is linting towels. It is very annoying to do your final wipe only to see lots of lint left behind, causing you to wipe more and more! I haven't tried every brand of towel or every towel on the market, but what I have tried and have had zero problems with - PakShak towels. I will be placing a decent size order to replace all of my paint/body towels with PakShak towels.

11. Swirlkiller

Swirlkiller Two Bucket System Washer

I've used Meguiars Supreme Shine towels now for about 4 years, I've tried alot of other brands in between, but I keep getting back to the yellow Megs towels. No linting and no scratching!

For drying after wash, I use the big blue towel from Valet Pro.

12. freefallin2000

freefallin2000 Birth of a Detailer

CG Fluffers are pretty darn good towels if you ask me! 24 of them in my collection.

13. piginapoke

14. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

the blue ones are the thickest
    then the yellow ones arent as thick
    these grey ones look like they're in the middle...
    CG and their confusing towels gawd

15. emm11

emm11 Virgin Detailer

I've tried most of the ones mentioned, I like Pakshak the best, followed by Poorboy's DMT. I just got some new Cobra's with the rolled edges which are pretty nice and they are buy 3 get 3 free right now.

16. piginapoke

17. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I want to get the CG fluffy drying towel and some of the Poorboys towels as well. I would also like to find a good 100% cotton towel for wax removal

18. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

I was wondering if they weren't the same as these:
    Octane 530g Microfiber Towel

I realize that color scheme and weight alone are only marginal indicators but how many mills in Korea and the PRC actually make microfiber towels? I would be shocked if there were more than two or three in Korea and maybe another four or five in China. A great many of these towels must be coming out of the same factories. QC may be better for one towel versus another but I suspect that many towels are the same fabric or very close to identical.

19. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

I was wrong. It looks like there are at least ten suppliers for microfiber in Korea alone and many more in the PRC. How many of these are actually making quality detailing towels is a separate question but the answer would seem to be more than a few. It looks like a prospective U.S. vendor usually needs to deal with a trading company in the manufacturing country. The would be buyer supplies some specifications, the trading company sends over a bunch of samples and you place an order. Minimum orders seem to be in the 1,000 to 5,000 units range but I'm sure you can negotiate better prices with higher volumes.
    Based on my experience in another industry this relationship is not necessarily trouble free, especially if you are a smaller buyer - sometimes the shipped product is different from the sample or the QC is bad so only a portion of the shipment is saleable. Small buyers don't have a huge amount of leverage or recourse.

20. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I think most places buy mf by the shipping container (20 x 8 x 40 ft) otherwise you will pay a lot more in shipping expenses to receive as partial. It takes about 5 to 6 weeks to ship via the least expensive method (what we call slow ship) from the far east. It depends on point of entry.