what to use to in the foam cannon to clean around the house

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by n023b, Apr 11, 2012.

1. n023b

n023b Virgin Detailer

Since summers around the corner I'd like to wash my windows, vinyl siding, patio, and garage floor what do you guys recommend I use in the foam cannon?

2. n023b

n023b Virgin Detailer

nobody? i'm thinking about just buying snow foam

3. mike aesthetica

mike aesthetica Jedi Nuba

You can do a search in the wash section for some cannons, and maybe in the equipment section. Otherwise, snow foam to clean actual dirt will truely be useless. You will just need to use an APC, a siding cleaner, or maybe an appropriately diluted degreaser to get any sort of cleaning power. Keep in mind the big boys use these gigantic washers with HUGe flow to clean tall houses as a 1600 psi at 20 feet starts to get pretty weak. Plus you will need extensions to get the height you need.

4. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

my 2 year old.

5. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I have been thinking about this usage for my canon as well and I have come to the same conclusion as Mike, snow foam (general car wash shampoos) will do little to nothing to clean siding/gutters... I will be trying something stronger in my canon such as Krud Kutter to see if it is more suitable for this type of cleaning.

6. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

While my 1600psi Pressure Washer removes the fresh dirt off the siding, I'll be looking for a dedicated cleaner and probably a long brush to help reach the tall areas while still scrubbing all the siding for a better result.

7. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter