What size pads do you use?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by 99monguse, Mar 25, 2011.

1. 99monguse

99monguse Birth of a Detailer

I have a 9227 and all my pads are large, 7-8" and I will be buying a PC or GRIOTS 6" DA and eventually a FLEX DA but I still plan to use my rotary too. What sive pads (foam) are you all using on your rotaries and your DAs? Which pads do you think are better UBRE or LC?

2. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I have the griots ro and use 5.5 and 4 inch ubers.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

3. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

I use Rotaries for correction and almost always 5.5" pads, unless its a big flat, etc., vehicle, where I will go up to 6" pads. I never use bigger, only the boat/airplane guys use bigger pads out here.

I use 5.5" and 4" pads with my Flex 3401VRG and Meguiars G110V2 machines, of course only using 5.5" on the Flex, since there is no 4" backing plate for it.

Like the smaller diameter pads now because they are fast to warm up, easier to use in tight areas, easier to clean, cheaper to purchase, and don't require as much product on them to use.

I might use the 6" pads to jewel out some paintwork, because at this stage, its faster for most vehicle sizes, but not all..

Dan F

4. 99monguse

99monguse Birth of a Detailer

What pads do you use, Uber, LC, 3M or what???

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

5.5 uber and 6.5 LC

6. Whip Appeal Neil

Whip Appeal Neil Jedi Nuba

i have a metabo and i too use 5.5" CCS, however im starting to transition into new pads, which i have yet to decide on. I agree with stokdg that the smaller pads are better all around and i prefer them to 6.5" that use to use. I also prefer a stiffer pad to that of a softer ones ive used (cant remember the brand). I recommend also getting a 4" backing plate for pillars and tight areas for that perfectionist look quality.