What Seems To Be Z Problem?

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by AndyThomason, Sep 16, 2016.

1. AndyThomason

AndyThomason Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Haha, corny... I know. What we have here is a very tastefully modified 370Z. Unfortunately it does not have access to a garage and serves as the daily driver for this owner. It's been quite some time since I last put a coat of sealant on it and quite a while since the last time it was washed from the looks of it.

But the owner's main problem was that he was driving along one day and there were some low branches sticking out into his lane. With oncoming traffic approaching he was not able to avoid them and they basically made their mark all the way down the passenger side of this poor car.

So the goal of this particular detail was to give it a good wash in preparation for hopefully polishing out this branch marks and then applying another coat of sealant. He was also concerned about the driver's side seat as there was a lot of color transfer from his jeans onto the alcantara parts.

Foam wash
    Clay bar
    Rupes LHR15ES with Rupes green foam pad
    Menzerna HC400 on the branch marks and a few other spots
    Menzerna Powerlock

Interior was vacuumed and such but I tried to use some alcantara cleaner to get the color to come back. The more it dried the better it looked but I didn't take pictures of it after it had fully dried so that's why it still looks semi dark in the last picture of it.

Anyway, here are a few pics. Nothing too crazy this go around was it was a short detail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So here are scratches post wash and clay...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Found a couple other spots as well. One spot leading to the roof and one scuff on the front bumper toward the bottom. Both were able to be removed!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After slapping on the sealant I started to mess with the interior...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As it dried it got better. Not 100% but definitely a bit better.

Tidied up under the hood a bit while I had a few minutes to spare. It's too pretty not to!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here are some afters finally...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See? Pretty!

[​IMG]

Love, love, love this pearl white!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for taking a look!

2. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

Nice turn around! Those seats were nasty!

3. HOOVER

HOOVER Member

Man what I would do to take a car like that out for a few laps on our local racing road course!! The pearl in that paint in incredible!! Looks like a patch of snow in the moonlight! Great job Andy. I love clients like this. Go drive it and enjoy it. Let me know when you need it cleaned up again!!

Hoover