what product can I use to prevent dog hair getting in headliner?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by jpwarhal, Jan 24, 2016.

1. jpwarhal

jpwarhal New Member

Is there a product or products that is best to help protect from dog hair embedding into the headliner or fabric seats?

2. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

There are rubberized pet hair removal brushes that are helpful. Pumice stones/lava rocks are helpful but leave little bits of rock chips that are slightly problematic to pick up. Tape and rubber gloves are also helpful. I have found the metro vac to be my most helpful tool in picking up a majority of the pet hair with the bristle attachment. Of course combining all that available tools will give you the best/fastest results.

3. jpwarhal

jpwarhal New Member

I will have to try the rubber pet tool. I was really trying to find a product that will help prevent the hair from getting embedded so I don't have to spend hours tying to remove it.

4. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

If anyone invents that it'll be a life saver!

5. jpwarhal

jpwarhal New Member

The car dealer was trying to sell me a protection package that he said would prevent this from happening. He was not able to tell me the chemical base of the product, IE silicon, Teflon etc. but I thought those type of fabric protectors would only be good at stain and dirt repellent. Would it work as a hair repellent as well?