What polishes? =(

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by h3opama, May 30, 2011.

1. h3opama

h3opama Virgin Detailer

Hi Everyone!

I am currently new to detailing and will most likely be purchasing the porter cable 7424xp package on e-shine. I will be polishing out my 135i which has some moderate swirling and water marks. I will be planning out a 2 step polish and will be followed by a coat of collinite 845. The package on eshine lets me choose 3 LC pads. Which pads should I pick up? What compounds/polishes should I pick up? Should I pick up the Snappy Pad Cleaner as well? From reading the forums, it seems that the Meguiars 105 and Menz polishes are the way to go. However, there seems to be so many different polishes from Menz and I have no idea which one to pick up.

Thanks so much!

2. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Get an orange pad for cutting, white for polishing, and blue for applying wax.

I would go with Menzerna Powerfinish or SIP and Menzerna PO85RD.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

As above - great advice.

4. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Meguiars new D300 compound, Menz 203s and 85rd. LC orange, white and black.

5. 2011LE

2011LE Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I used my PC 7424xp first time today. 2 step corection on my sienna, first used Menzerna Super Intensive Polish PO83Q on orange pad, and after that I used Menzerna Micro Polish PO87MCQ on white pad. I'm really happy with the resultes. It took care of all of the light scratches, swirl marks, etc,. I had 2 deeper scratches that I corected to 80% but next time I will just work SIP a little longer and harder. It was my first time doing a paint corection. I bought the kit from eshine, went with PC, 2 white pads and one orange. Hope that helps.