What polish for jeweling?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by chemgys99, Jan 28, 2012.

1. chemgys99

chemgys99 DB Forum Supporter

Just wondering what you guys use to accomplish the best shine and gloss(jeweling the paint). I'm stuck between menz po85rd, wolfs wp-1n, and 3m ultrafina. But if there are any better ones u guys know about let me know. Thanks

2. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Megs 205 is what I like to use.

3. chemgys99

M205 is too aggressive IMO for a jeweler. But a good polish

4. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

I use Menz 85RD myself,works so well I never had a interest in trying out anything different. Sorry this might not help.LOL

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

6. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

I'm excited to try Shine and Seal. From what Phil says it sounds like it has less cut that 85RD.

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

85RD is an awesome jeweling polish as is Scholl S30 or S40.

8. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

9. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Phil, in your experience what is the difference bt the two?

10. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

A foam pad with zero abrasive ability is just as important as the polish used. My choice PO85 and a Gold or Blue LC pad. This can be achieved by using either a rotary (my preference) or a random orbital polisher. By using little pressure at the beginning of the pass to help fracture the abrasives since the pad isn't providing abrasion and an ultra fine finishing polish, for the removal of any microscopic pad abrasion, which also reduces the chance of holograms.

11. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I use either a black or blue pad for jeweling, but I use the unloved bastard child from Menzerna: Micropolish (PO87MC) According to Menz, it has a little bit more cut than PO85RD, but it finishes down just as beautifully if done right and having a little more cut can be used as a finishing polish before jeweling as well (with a different pad) and costs half the price.

12. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

Superfinish aka po106fa, aka po1066f LOL!!!!!!! is similar in that it finishes as well as 85rd, but has more cut.

13. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Since Menz has discontinued the PO87MC, I might end up going with the PO106FA as it's easily accessible here in Canuckistan.

14. chemgys99

Ok so would it make sense to do 85rd then sv cleaner fluid? Or would I be wasting product then?

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Little 85RD is solid!

16. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

SF4500 Cleared micro marring left behind by M205 on soft paint and glossed the paint up.